Chapter 2

Lachlan's P.O.V:

After I left my mate, I went home to do some work. My family owned farmland and a small construction company business. I am also The alpha of the Mckay clan. We are wolf shifters. As I entered the foyer of the main house I went to my office to work on some paperwork. While I was in my office I kept thinking about my mate. She seems different and I don't think she is telling me everything about her past. So I started to do some research on her previous pack in the states. As I was going through the records, I couldn't find anything about her. So I'm thinking that she didn't belong to a pack in the States. After finishing my paperwork I decided to go for a run. I know where my mate is living as I used to go there on my runs. I went to go talk to my mother before going for a run. I found her in the library reading, and she was wearing the necklace that I had bought at Freya's shop. I sat down beside mom. Mom looked up from the book that she had been reading and said "What's the matter Lachlan you look like something is bothering you?" I said "Mom the other day I ran into my mate. She just moved to Scotland and opened a new shop in town. But I have a feeling that she is hiding something." Mom said "Honey you just met her. Get to know her. She is probably just dealing with a past that caused her to move here and she is a business owner give her some time. I'm sure that she will open up when she is ready." I said "you're right Mum, maybe she just needs some time to adjust. I think I am going for a run." She nodded. I walked out of the house. I stripped and shifted into my black wolf. I ran in the direction of her house. I noticed that it was a little run down on the outside. I would hate to see how bad the inside of the house looked. There was a light on in what I assumed was the living room. I peered through the window and noticed that she was working on stuff for her store. She looked exhausted but she didn't show it. I also noticed that she had a black cat sitting next to her. I stayed and watched her work. She does amazing work and I'm guessing that she does the work on the house herself. How does she have time to do everything on top of keeping the store stocked with her beautiful stuff? I wanted to find a way to help her if she would let me. I went back home and shifted back. I went to bed that night thinking about ways to help and how to get her to open up to me more.

Freya P.O.V: (the next day)

After I got home from work I fed Isis and made dinner. That night I made a homemade chicken alfredo that I can have leftovers for the rest of the week. After I had dinner I pulled out my supplies and turned on the tv. I chose Netflix. I put on a show and started working. I was up until 4 am finishing all of the beaded work. I finally went to bed. I only got a few hours of sleep when I got up at 8 am. I was exhausted but if I didn't open the store I wasn't going to make a budget for the day. But I was so tired that I didn't feel like I could get to the store safely. So I decided that I would stay home and get some rest. I could always open the store late. I went into the kitchen to feed Isis and start breakfast. After breakfast, I lay on the couch and slept well asleep watching tv.

When I woke back up it was noon and I figured I was well-rested enough to take the stuff to the store. I figured that I could open up for a couple of hours. When I arrived at the store Lachlan was waiting out front. I thought to myself why on earth would he be outside of my shop? I unlocked the door to the shop and started to get the boxes out of the back of the truck. Lachlan asked, "need a hand lass?" I said "sure it's been a long night." So we took the boxes into the shop. I set them on the counter. Lachlan asked "Is everything, ok lass? You seem a little out of it today." I said, "I'm fine, just had a long night and not enough sleep." Lachlan said, "Lass you might want a day off so that you are not overdoing it." I said "if I did that then nothing will get done at my house. It's not in the best of shape and if I am not making stuff for the store I am working on my house." Lachlan said "If you want some help on the house I own the local construction company. I would be happy to help you fix up the place and have some of my guys to help with the renovations." I was speechless. Nobody has ever offered to help. Nobody has ever cared about a stupid hybrid. I have alway been on my own. I said "I can't afford to hire your company let alone pay for the renovations. I appreciate the offer." Lachlan said "I'm not saying that you should pay, I want to help you." I said "Thank you, if this is what you want to do then i'm not going to stop you but as payment for your kindness how about i cook you dinner." Lachlan said "you have a deal." As the day went on Lachlan and I put everything away on the shelves. Lachlan left after everything was put away. My day ended up being busy once I opened the shop. I barely had time to grab a bite to eat.