Chapter 4

Freya's P.O.V.

When he said I was his mate I couldn't say anything. All my life I was told that I would never have a mate. That hybrids don't get mates because we were abominations and that I was a disgrace to the wolf race. I looked at him and said "that's not possible. I don't have a mate, I'm a hybrid. Part wolf and part witch." Lachlan said "Lass you are my mate. My wolf knows that you are its mate and I don't care what you are. I love you no matter what you are. You were made for me and I was made for you. I just wish that you would open up to me about your past." Nobody knows about my past and if I tell him then he would reject me. I don't want to relive it. I said "I don't want to relive my past, but it will take time to open up to you about my past." Lachlan said "take all the time that you need lass. Just know that I am here for you when you open up." I nodded and finished cleaning up the kitchen. Not long after that Lachlan left. I turned on the tv and put on Netflix. I soon fell asleep watching a show on the couch. But I woke up from a nightmare about when I was living in the wolf pack and I was beaten. I was abused both physically and mentally. After the torture I then started planning my escape from those bastards.

I fell back asleep. The next morning I woke up to someone knocking on the door. I got up off the couch and answered the door. I opened the door to find Lachlan and Jamie standing there. I said "Good morning." Lachlan said "I hope I didn't wake you lass, we wanted to get started on the repairs." I said "no, it's just been a rough night. Come on in, I will put on some tea." They came in and sat down at the table in the dining room. I went into the kitchen and put the kettle on the stove. I pulled out mugs and tea out of the cabinet. I noticed my hands were a little shaky this morning. Isis rubbed against my leg, I looked down and said "thank you my friend for the comfort." Lachlan walked in a few minutes later and asked "Is everything ok Lass?" I said "I'm fine, the kettle is on, I am just getting ready to feed Isis." I pulled out a can of food out of the cabinet and fed Isis.

Lachlan P.O.V.

I could tell that Freya has had a rough night. She was not as bright this morning. We must have woken her up. While she was in the kitchen Jamie and I were talking about how this was going to be a big project and that she might have to find a place to stay while some of the renovations are being done. I walked through to the kitchen. I noticed that her hands were a little shaky. I asked "Is everything ok Lass?" she said "I'm fine, the kettle is on and I am getting ready to feed Isis." She pulled out a can from the cabinet and fed Isis. I knew that she wasn't being completely honest with me. It was clear to me that she wasn't ok. But I didn't want to push her. I said "Lass there is something that you need to know. You might have to find a place to stay while some of the renovations are being done." She said "This is my home. I don't have anywhere else to go besides the store." I thought for a moment. There is plenty of room in the pack house. I said "You could stay with me in the pack house." I could see the emotions running through her head. She said "I appreciate the offer but I'm ok here. I am not going anywhere, if I have to I can always sleep on the sofa while the renovations are being done to my room. I said "Alright lass, you are always welcome to stay at my place." she smiled and said "thank you"

Freya P.O.V.

When Lachlan said about staying with him while the renovations were being done. All the bad memories started playing in my head. I swore to myself that I would never go back to a pack. Not after everything that I have been through. I said "I appreciate the offer but I'm ok here. I am not going anywhere, if I have to I can always sleep on the sofa while the renovations are being done to my room." Lachlan said "you are always welcome to stay at my place." I smiled and said "Thank you." After that I made the cups of tea for Lachlan and Jamie. I set them down on the table for them. I said "Lachlan there are muffins on the counter you and Jamie help yourselves. I will be back. I am going to go take a quick shower to get ready for the day." Lachlan nodded. I walked out of the kitchen and walked up the stairs to the bathroom. While I was in the bathroom all the bad memories came flooding in. My body was covered in scars. I was ashamed of the way that my body looked after all of the nights that I was tortured. After my shower I got dressed and walked back downstairs where I was hearing Lachlan and Jamie talking about the renovations. I also heard Jamie ask Lachlan "has she opened up to you any? Why doesn't she want to stay with us.? It's not like we would ever hurt her." Lachlan said "No she won't open up and don't think she trusts the pack but she hasn't met anyone." I walked into the kitchen where they were sitting. Lachlan said "Is everything alright lass?" I said "I'm fine." I walked over to the sink and started washing dishes. But in reality I wasn't fine. I didn't want anyone to know why I was like this. After dishes were done, I walked into the dinning room where Lachlan and Jamie were. I said "Lachlan I'm heading into the shop. I have some work that I need to get done. Can you lock up when you leave? Can you also make sure Isis doesn't get out?" Lachlan said "I will Lass." I walked out of the house and drove to the store.

I opened the store and walked to my work area near the back of the store. I mixed up the oils and bottled them up. My wolf was mad at me for the way I treated Lachlan but my past has a way of catching up to me. I didn't want sympathy from him or anyone. But I refuse to go back to a pack. Around lunch time Lachlan stopped by with lunch in hand. I said "you didn't have to bring me lunch." Lachlan said "I wanted to make sure that you eat something and to make sure you were ok." I said "I'm alright just shaken from last night's nightmare."