Chapter 10

Freya's P.O.V

Lachlan soon left to go check on the progress of the house. I finished restocking the shelves for the night and closed up. Bridget had left earlier saying that she had to meet Jamie for dinner. After closing up the shop I got into my truck and drove home. The ride home was peaceful. I was enjoying the scenery. The Highlands are beautiful with the rolling hill and the mountain in the background. Once I got home it was about five in the evening so I had about an hour before Lachlan would be here to pick me up. I went into the house and went upstairs. I took a hot shower and went into my closet. I pulled out a pair of black jeans and a purple shirt. I put my black combat boots that match my outfit. I walked back downstairs after I was fully dressed and went into the kitchen to feed Isis. I had just finished feeding Isis when I heard a knock on the door. I thought that Lachlan had gotten here early. I opened the door and nobody was there. I looked down onto the porch and found a letter sitting there. Nobody besides Lachlan and the construction crew knew where I lived. I took the letter into the kitchen. I opened the letter and it read "We know where you are and we are coming to take you back.! You thought that you could escape us, you worthless half breed. You will regret escaping from us!" My blood ran cold. My old pack has found me. This time they were going to kill me if they ever took me back. There was another knock on the door; I looked at the clock and it was after 6. I opened the door to see Lachlan. I wrapped my arms around Lachlans neck, needing to feel safe. He wrapped me in his arms, not letting go. Lachlan asked "what's wrong lass? You look pale." I didn't say anything as We walked into the kitchen and I handed him the note that I had received. He read the note and I started to shake. This was not supposed to have happened. Lachlan said "They are not taking you back. I will make sure that you are safe." I nodded.

Lachlan P.O.V.

When I arrived at Freya's house something felt off. I walked up onto the porch. I smelt someone other than my men and my mate had been there. My wolf was on edge. I knocked on the door. Freya opened the door and wrapped her arms around me. She was pale like she had seen a ghost and she was shaking too. I wrapped my arms around her to make her feel safe. I asked "what's wrong lass? You are pale." She didn't didn't say anything as we walked into the kitchen. She handed me the note. I read the note and my blood was boiling. Nobody is going to lay a hand on here. I said "They are not taking you back. I will make sure that you are safe." She nodded. I said "Let's go have dinner and have some fun. We can deal with this tomorrow." She said "Ok." We walked out of the house to my truck. I opened the passenger side door and she got into the truck. I walked over to the driver side and climbed in. I started the truck and we drove to a clearing. I had Jamie and Bridget help set this up. I wanted tonight to be special. Once we got to the clearing I turned off the truck and got out. I went to the passenger side. I helped Freya out of the truck. We walked down a candle lit path. I could tell she was surprised. This place was a special place for me. We walked down the candle lite path and we saw a picnic that was set up by the waterfall. Freya said "this is beautiful, You shouldn't have." I said "I wanted to bring you here. You deserve to be happy and I found this place a few years ago. I come here when I need to clear my head." she smiled and nodded. Freya and I sat down on the blanket and had dinner.

Freya's P.O.V.

When Lachlan and I got to the clearing he helped me out of the truck. We walked down a candle lit path. At the end of the path there was a beautiful waterfall and a picnic that was set up not far from the waterfall with candles lit all around it. I said "this is beautiful. You shouldn't have." Lachlan said "I wanted to bring you here. You deserve to be happy and I found this place a few years ago. I come here when I need to clear my head." We sat down on the blanket and had dinner. While we were having dinner Lachlan asked "How would you feel about going for a run after dinner" I said "I haven't let my wolf out in a while and she has been itching to get out for a while. I am up for a run" Lachlan said "I would love to see what she looks like." I smiled, but I was still worried about the note that I had received. Lachlan gently took my hands and said "I know you are still worried about the note that you received, everything will be fine and I promise you that I will find out who sent you the note." I said "I know, but I just don't want you to get hurt. I know what they are capital of." Lachlan said "They don't know what we are capital of as a pack. My pack is one of the strongest pack in Scotland." I didn't know what to say I was shocked by what Lachlan was telling me. When we were finished eating Lachlan said "we can change into our wolf form behind the trees." I nodded. Lachlan walked behind the tree and stripped out of his clothes. He had Celtic tattoos down his back. I heard the bones cracking. when the cracking sound was done, there was a beautiful black wolf standing where Lachlan once stood. He had golden eyes. He walked over to me and nudged against my leg. I bent down and rubbed my hand through his fur. His fur was soft, I went behind the tree and shifted. I came out from behind the tree. Lachlan came up to me and nuzzled my face. Reassuring me that it was ok to be in my wolf form.