Chapter 5

Lachlan's P.O.V.

After Freya left, Jamie asked "Is everything ok with her?" I said "I don't know, she's not telling me something but I don't want to push her." Jamie said "I know what you mean, But she needs to trust someone. Whatever she's hiding it's causing her to not sleep at night" I nodded and said "I will talk to her. She forgot to pack lunch before she left so I am going to head out. Why don't you get the guys to start on working on some of the repairs on the outside of the home. Like the porch and the deck area around back." He nodded and I got up to leave the house. I went to the cafe to pick up lunch for Freya.

I walked into her store and she was a little busy filling small bottles with different oils. She looked up and said "you didn't have to bring me lunch." I said "I wanted to make sure you eat something and to make sure that you were ok." She said "I'm alright just a little shaken from last night's nightmare." I was concerned for her. I wanted her to be happy. I said "Lass if these nightmares are affecting you maybe you should open up about them." She nodded and said "How about I make dinner tonight and I will tell you everything about my past." I said "Lass you don't have to tell me anything." she said "You need to know as my mate and this has been tearing me apart for a while now." I nodded. I left not long after we had lunch together.

I went back to her house to check on the progress of the projects at hand. When I arrived back at her house I noticed that the back deck was fully done and the construction crew was working on the front porch. I walked over to Jamie who was supervising some of the repairs to the house. I asked Jamie "How is everything coming along?" Jamie said "everything is going well sir, The back is completely done. We even put in a grilling area and a small fire pit. Now we are working on trying to get the porch fixed up. We want Luna's home to feel like a home and not like a project." It felt great that they were accepting her as their luna. I said "that's great to hear. I will pay our guys for the hard work." Jamie nodded. The guys worked hard to get stuff done but we had a lot to get done to this house and I wanted to make sure it got done correctly. I wanted to put some stuff in the house to make her feel more comfortable. I continued to help with the renovation to the porch and after the porch was done we all left to get some rest. I had to get ready for the talk that Freya and I were going to have in a few hours

Freya's P.O.V.

After Lachlan left I knew I had to tell him about my past. If he rejects me then it happens I will end up shutting myself in my house. I closed up shop and got into my truck. I headed to a local market to get everything that I needed to make dinner for Lachlan. Once I got everything that I needed for dinner I headed home. Once I pulled up to the house I got out and grabbed all the groceries out of the bed of the truck. I looked at the house and it looked like work had been completed for the day. I went into the house to the kitchen and put the groceries down on the counter. I took off my boots and went back into the kitchen. I pulled out all of the ingredients to make meatloaf. I preheated the oven. I sliced up all of the pepper and onion and put them into a medium size bowl. I put the ground beef into the bowl. I cracked an egg into the bowl to bind the ingredients together. I added breadcrumbs and ketchup. I mixed everything together with my hands. After everything was mixed up I put it into a glass pan adding extra ketchup and put tinfoil over it to cook. I placed it into the oven and washed my hands in the sink. After washing my hands I pulled out the potatoes and started peeling them. I put them into a pot with water in it and set it on the stove. I turned on the stove to let the potatoes start to cook. I went into the living room and turned on the tv. I put on a show that was a baking competition. I sat down on the couch and Isis came up on the couch. She got onto my lap wanting to comfort me but my nerves and anxiety were up to the point where my hands were shaking. I wasn't sure how Lachlan was going to react and that scared me more than being rejected.

A few hours later there was a knock on the door. I walked over to the door and answered it. Lachlan was standing there with a bouquet of roses. I said "Come in Lachlan." Lachlan handed me the flowers and said "These are for you Lass." I took the flowers and said "thank you, these are beautiful." We walked into the house and I said "make yourself comfortable. I am just finishing up dinner." Lachlan followed me into the kitchen. I put the flower in a vase with some water. I slipped on the oven mitts and pulled the meatloaf out of the oven. After I pulled the meatloaf out of the oven I pulled out the mixer and mashed the potatoes. I opened a can of carrots for the vegetable to go with dinner and put them on the stove. I also made apple turnovers for dessert. Lachlan said "It smells wonderful in here." I said "it's nothing special. It's only meat, potatoes, and carrots with a small something for dessert." We sat down at the dining room table after making our plates. I poured glasses of tea and placed them on the table. I sat down and we started eating in silence. Lachlan asked "What's going on lass? You can tell me anything."

Lachlan's P.O.V.

I showed up at Freya's house for dinner. I had brought her flowers as a surprise. I could smell dinner cooking due to the heightened senses of my wolf. When I walked onto the porch I knocked on the door. Freya opened the door. She looked stunning. She was in jeans and a long sleeve shirt. Which was a little strange for the time of the year. She was also bearfoot. Freya said "Come in Lachlan." I walked in handing her the flowers. I said, "These are for you lass." She took the flowers and said "thank you, these are beautiful." We walked further into the house and she said "Make yourself comfortable. I'm just finishing up dinner." She walked into the kitchen. I followed her into the kitchen and I watched as she put the flowers into a vase along with finishing making dinner. I said, "It smells wonderful in here." She said "it's nothing special. It's only meat, potatoes, and carrots with a small something for dessert." We made our plates and sat at the dining room table. We ate in silence. I couldn't take it any longer. I asked "What is going on Lass? You can tell me anything." She looked down like she was trying not to break down. Whatever she was about to tell me I knew it was not good just by the hint of fear that I could sense.