2

The immortals of Penglai possessed immense strength. I dared not act rashly.

So I lived a life of "pretending to consume the elixir."

Months passed, and without foundation-building, my senior brothers grew anxious;

"What's going on? We cleansed our meridians in just three or four days!" "Yes, why is your pulse still so muddled?"

Quietly, I watched the sticky worms navigating their dantian.

Gathering courage, I asked, "What does the pulse feel like after foundation-building?" Senior brother Wei Min, always composed, held up two fingers, slowly saying:

"The human meridians are complex and chaotic, disrupting the flow of spirit. Without cleansing, spiritual power cannot traverse a mortal's body." He paused, a flame dancing in his palm.

Pointing at the fire, he said, "After cleansing, you'll only feel two lines - the Spirit Vein and your own. The Spirit Vein is proof of your transcendence from mortality—this fire, born from the Spirit Vein."

Wei Min beckoned me, "Try touching it." The flame was scorching.

But I said, "I see...

Under his so-called Spirit Vein, connected to the dantian, was the sticky worm. It seemed innately attuned to fire.

So Wei Min's awakened element was 'Fire.'

Second Senior Brother Qi Mo laughed, "Look, I'm a Water Spirit Root!" Water droplets in the air formed ice in his palm.