38

That night, I returned to the mountain's peak. It was a windless night with a full moon.

I drew my bow and began aiming at the copper bells—

Shoot!

This quickly caused a commotion, and disciples rushed toward me, shouting: "Guan Junior Brother! What are you doing?!"

"Junior Brother?! Come down!!"

"Hey, this isn't a joke, if the elders find out, you're in big trouble!"

I stood on the roof, ignoring their words, grabbed another arrow, and pulled the bowstring. "Crack," another bell fell to the ground.

After about half a tea's time, an angry shout came: "Guan Tong? Get down here!"

When I didn't respond, the voice grew fiercer:

"Guan Han Dan! Are you deaf? What are you doing?!"

I looked over to see Wei Min on the plaza not far from the hall, frowning, his face cold. His hand rested on his sword hilt, like a vigilant lion, ready to draw. Amid the shocked cries of the others, I suddenly turned the arrow towards him.

Then laughed and lowered it, saying, "Destroying these eyesores." Seeing that I had almost destroyed all the bells, I wasn't afraid.

I tucked the bow behind me, tied my wrist guard, and said softly, "I've wanted to do this for a long time."

Wei Min gritted his teeth: "The sect has been good to you."

"Yes, I know," I agreed, then raised my voice, "But everyone, look carefully! Are we really on a sacred mountain, or is it a breeding ground for worms?!"

As my words fell, chaos ensued.