34

As one of the 'useless men',

I was reluctantly pushed onto the stage.

Our opponents were from the millennia-old 'Lesser Yang Sect', and their leader glanced at us with scorn:

'Oh? The 'Abundant Yin Sect', long time no see. Not hiding behind Xuan Yan this year?' In response, I politely bowed with clasped hands and nodded:

'Is your esteemed sect the 'Deficient Yang Sect'? Much to learn from you.'

Laughter arose from around, and then I feigned a realization with a chuckle:

'Oh, it's the Lesser Yang Sect, my mistake. These terms sound so similar. But don't let my slip of the tongue become a common misnomer. My apologies, my apologies. Everyone, please—'

The Shao Yang Sect members glared darkly at me. They sent someone onto the stage.

The first was a bearded man, bulky and newly foundation-built, indeed no match for me, quickly kicked off the stage. The second and third were similar.

The fourth, a Golden Core, was swept off by me with a clever move. By then, the cheering was boiling over. Xuan Yan was shouting from the sidelines:

"Good job, junior brother, beat those ***%!"

I guess she wanted to say something like "bastard kids," but I didn't hear.

Qi Mo, fearing damage to the relations between sects, quickly covered her mouth and dragged her away. Until the fifth, an early Nascent Soul cultivator.

He solemnly nodded at me and charged with his sword. Caught off guard, I got slashed on the shoulder.

Blood gushed out.

Regaining my senses, I smiled wryly at him:

"You're two levels above me; no need for a sneak attack." Saying that, I struck back, severing his 'spirit vein' in the arm.

The ability to see through things allowed me to see his spiritual energy and meridian points.

He spat blood in disbelief.

Collapsing to his knees, he stuttered: "You..."

I kicked him off the stage, sheathing my sword: "Next."

Yin: In simple terms Yin represents femininity

Yang: In simple terms Yang represents masculinity