❤️ Sunset.../Him... ☀️(LuixShu) 💙

Song I used for inspo: 'Eastside' by: Benny Blanco, Halsey Khalid

~Story Start~

"You know what I love about the sunset?" Shu asked his friend. 

"It looks like a giant omelet with ketchup!!" Valt cheered. He jumped up and down trying to eat the sky. Shu simply closed his eyes as his mind went to the past. To his memories. His memories with him

~2 years ago~

"I'm going to be late," The albino muttered to himself. He ran as fast as he could, books and bag in hand. Finally, he reached a wooden bridge. He looked ahead, the wind blowing through his hair. The sunset reflected on the river...I love the west side, he thought to himself. 

"Enjoying yourself?" A familiar voice called out. 

"You're late," The albino replied. 

"Actually, I've been here for 10 minutes, you're late," The boy smirked, putting his arms around the younger boy's waists. 

"I missed you, Lui," Shu leaned his head back on the shorter one's chest. 

"I missed you too snowflake," He brushed his lips against the taller boy's neck. 

"I wish we could hang out all the time," Shu frowned. 

"Yeah, well, you know how strict my manager is. Any sign of a heart in me is horrible to him. Not just that, but our families wouldn't accept it," 

"Yeah..." Crimson eyes met the floor. 

"In our fictitious world though...we can say, we can do anything if we put our minds to it. Take our whole life and put a line through it...that would be nice. And you know that my love is yours if you're willing to take it, so you can give me your heart 'cause I'm not going break it. We can start a new life, together in a different place. That's paradise...our fictional paradise," 

"I know babes, I just want to leave tonight. Leave the cruel people, the expectations, the frames, I just want to run away with you, but I can't leave all the good people. I can't leave Valt and Xander. I can't leave Beygoma just like that...it's my home," 

"I know," Lui hushed, grabbing onto his boy tighter. 

"I wish we could do that. That would be awesome, to just run away," The albino smiled. He snuggled closer to the white tyrant. 

"You know what I love about sunsets?" Lui asked. 

"What?" The crimson boy replied. 

"It brought you to me. That day when we were both alone. It was after both of us had fought with our parents. We ran into each other on this bridge at this exact time. After that, we kept meeting at sunset, even our first kiss was in front of a sunset," 

"It was, wasn't it?" The younger boy reminisced. The two stood in silence, just staring at the sunset. It was uncomfortable or awkward, but it was nice and peaceful. Shu just wondered how long that would last. "You'll never leave me...right?" The albino asked, and an ounce of worry was heard. 

"Never! You are my everything, Shu. I could never leave you, no matter what happens," 

"Good," 

The two shared a compassionate kiss. It was full of love, memories, and everything good between them. Nothing could break their bond. At least, they thought then that nothing could break their love. 

~Back to the Present~

And then he betrayed me. Cut my eye, broke up with me, he broke me. And yet here I am, still in love with the sunset, still in love with him. Shu thought to himself. His best friend continued to attempt to eat the sky, not noticing the singular tear that left the albino. 

They were so happy...Shu couldn't help but desperately wonder why Lui broke off, why he broke his promise. Part of him wanted to think he had a good reason...the other was more sensible. Lui truly was a cold and heartless monster and it was a waste of time for Shu to be with him. Sure, he partially knew that, but not the last part. Being with Lui was enough. Everything was ok when he was with him. They put their minds to being together, they wanted to put a line through the life that everyone else gave him. He said he wouldn't break Shu's heart, and yet he did. And he did it so easily. He laughed in his boyfriend's face as blood gushed out of his eye. He broke up with him immediately after with a smug smile. 
The Lui he has been holding onto in his head...he wasn't sure if that was the real one or if the monster was. 

All he knew was that he used to meet him on the west side where the sunset was the prettiest. And to this day, he can't let that go. He still loved Lui, there was no denying it, no stopping it. There is no other fish in the sea, Lui was his shark. There are no other sharks like Lui was...and no fish could match Lui either. 

He loves Lui...He loves him.

~The End~

Word Count: 792 

Authors Note: Ik this was a short one, but I was listening to 'Eastside' and immediately thought of this. I thought it was really cute and a nice one to write.