Glory

I woke up early. Cool breeze flew as I stepped outside for air. It was winter. Cold. Dark.

Has it really been over a year since I last faced my previous life?
I smiled. Contemplating things a different than before.

A few servants rushed past me in a hurry. It was the day of great celebration. All everyone could talk about a last few days was this occasion. I remember excitement taking control over my neutral demeanour. I rushed back into the quarters. "Wake up, come on. "

"What?"

"Wake up."

I had heard so much about the prince. The village elders used to tell stories of the Royal Family . Also, over the course of last few days, he was the talk of the kingdom. All people could talk about.

The great Elder prince. The boon given to the people of this dynasty. The one who shall lead us into the future.

Queen Avyannadevi had produced an heir. They named him Karthikeya. Prince Karthikeya. A boy with radiant skin like that of the glowing sun, with eyes that changed colour with the seasons. That is what everyone in the capital said. That is what the discussion were held about in the quarters almost every night.

One of the boys in the quarter narrated once, "At a very young age, the was taken to his mother's kingdom in the North, where crippling cold and freezing temperature may weaken a grown strong person, yet the young prince had not been affected in the slightest. "

Another said, " He is different. Dissimilar. Contrasting to us. "

"How so? "

"Some say his eyes hold flames when he fights. His arms move fluently whilst a battle, as if the whole fiasco is choreographed prior. His feet run faster than the light. There is glow surrounding him. As if I would burn if someone goes near him. He is better. Better than some of the most renowned warriors. Something otherworldly. Something non-human. "

"Non-human?", I asked, Curiousity flawlessly coating fear.

" Shhh. Keep your voice down. They don't converse about this often. "

A girl interrupted whispering , "He was lost in those forests. In the North. For several nights. There was a havoc in the palace. No outsider had any knowledge. My mom served the queen. She knew.

Late, one night he came back. Unharmed. Just a boy, merely five, came back after going without food for several moons. He smiled bright. As if the sunlight had graced the snowy hills in the dead of night. No sickness, no hunger, no tears. Not even a shiver. He was radiant. Aflame. They say the wind flew, trees bent and most creatures and beasts bowed behind him. It was magic. Hypnotizing. Alluring.

Scared.....Everyone was terrified. The queen returned at once. Back to the dynasty. She has never visited once again. " She finished as she gazed into nothingness. As if the scene was unfolding in front of her.

"Hey Suman, do not utter fibs. ", someone interrupted.

"I am not. It happened. My mother told me. "

"Since then the prince has proved to be one of the finest warriors this country has seen. He is brilliant in his academics as well.", Reva said, smiling towards me. "He studies at the same school where our Aadya shall study."

I smiled back.

" Moreover he looks Majestic. Sharp eyes. Hair that glows. "

"He is kind. Generous, he helped the blocks at every time of crisis--"

"His father's diplomatic skills and his mother's warfare abilities - He learned all of it-- "

"He is --"