Chapter Six: Boys, Boys, and More Boys

Chapter 6: Boys, Boys, and More Boys

“Boys, boys, boys

We like boys in cars

Boys, boys, boys

Buy us drinks in bars

Boys, boys, boys

With hairspray and denim

Boys, boys, boys

We love them!”

-Boys, Boys, Boys Lady Gaga

Dinner was utterly uneventful. There was good ‘manly’ food, not my words; they were Eli’s actually. We talked. We ate. We listened to the coaches go on and on about the rules as they tried to enforce them with an iron fist. Silly stuff like curfews, how you should treat everyone the way you wanted to be treated, and any fighting would result in a very, very painful and immediate punishment. I hope he knows he was preaching a lost cause; I mean these are boys. And like the saying goes; boys will be boys. I have never really understood it, but I guess it has something to do with the fact that you can’t exactly tame them. They are like rogue wilder beast or something like that.

 I don’t really know the finer details of what Coach Avery was talking about because I was just too darn distracted. Now, you need to understand that I am not some boy crazy girl who obsesses about any walking being with a stick between its legs. I am not one to gush about ‘boys this’ or ‘boys that’ like Drew is known to do. However, from the moment that I stepped into the mess hall for diner I became a drooling idiot.

 Granted not all the males sitting in the room were drool worthy, some had uni-brows, some had teeth missing, and others were just plain unfortunate looking (it was mean, but true). Even though some were a sight for sore eyes, they were definitely doing something right here at Mac. I mean the boys at Madison couldn’t hold a candle to how amazingly god like these boys appeared to be. Rippling muscles, defined faces, sexy scruff, and deep voices seemed to emanate through the hall as I sat down with my plate.

But I had to admit that although the room was filled with a variety of gorgeous specimen, I was sitting across the cutest one. Blaine would, without a doubt, be the first one on my top 100 cutest boys list which is a feat not many could surpass seeing as the original number one was sexy man Alex Pettyfer and he has a British accent. British accents immediately make the top ten on any girls list of hot guys- because we all know that even though it may not be written down we still keep track of who we think is cuter. I wouldn’t be surprised if Blaine had a fan club, even if he didn’t know about it (note to self, check if that’s true and ask to join).

But don’t worry my dear fans, I have complete control of the situation and have composed myself. Okay, fine, that’s a lie I was staring at him half the time we were at diner, but can you blame me? He was just so… so good looking. Not only that but he has proved to be funny, charming, smart, and an all around nice guy. That is hard to find in any guy!

 My mind might have been playing tricks on me throughout the night because I was so tired, but I could have sworn that he was staring at me about as much as I was staring at him. Is that crazy, or have I gone insane? One minute my head is turned toward the mini stage located at the front of the hall, trying to tune myself into the coaches ‘welcome back’ speech. Then when I turn to take a sip of my Gatorade, our gazes would lock for a mere second, if not less. Seeing that I had noticed he would turn away with – what was possibly – a pink flush forming on his face. I could have been wrong (not like it would be the first time), but with all the blushing and staring, I would think that Blaine was… gay. I don’t know he just didn’t scream gay- no I do not mean that he has a squeaky voice and girly tendencies, I know a lot of straight males who have squeaky voices and who are very in touch with their feminine side and complete comfortable with their sexuality- and it’s not like he was checking other guys out either. It was like that mothers intuition that all girls have, you know when a girl just knows there is something wrong with you, or she seems to read you like a book, it’s all embedded into us at a young age and may seem annoying to some males, but it’s what helps us distinguish bad people from good and other things.