Chapter Sixteen: Here I go again, Reacting Without a Plan

Chapter 16: Here I go again, Reacting without a Plan

“Something's got my fear,
And then won't get through my head,
But there's something missing,
There's something missing here.
Here I go again,
React without a plan, oh,
But there's something missing,
There's something missing here.”
- Mama’s Room, Under the Influence of Giants

After the memorable win against the Rangers- a win that left Blaine looking extremely smug towards the newly met Jonesy- the bus drove us back to our fancy hotel so that we could unwind before waking up for the long trip back to San Antonio. While on the bus back to the hotel we sang songs and celebrated the victory like it was the greatest thing to ever happen to us. With it being the first ‘game’ (cause it was actually a scrimmage) of the summer season it sort of was a big deal. We made our mark to hold our place in the ranks of the other schools now. In retrospect, we were kind of a big deal around here now.

“What should we sing next?” I asked the guys on the bus.

“How about some Lil’ Wayne!” one of the guys, whose names always evades me, yelled.

“Ewe, no Lil’ Wayne stinks.” Blaine said as he scrunched his face up in disgust.

“Finally! Someone who agrees with me!” I said while bring my hands up as if god has given me the greatest gift in the world.

“How about some Houston Calls?”

“Not all of us listen to them.” Said the blonde in the front.

“Drake?”

“Eminem?”

“NO RAP!!” I yelled. Seriously did these guys want my ears to bleed?

“Hey I know something all of us will love!” Jared said excitedly.

We all looked at him expectantly; waiting for him to tell us who he thought we would all love. But he just stared at us with the same enthusiasm he wears when he is hyped up on Mountain Dew.

“Well?” I asked irritated that he still hadn’t told us.

“Oh sorry,” he quickly apologized, “LADY GAGA!”

“NO JARED!” everyone said simultaneously. Seriously that boy had a weird obsession with that chick.

Arriving at the doors of the hotel I received many claps to the shoulder and ‘congratulations’ due to the last minute touchdown that won us the game. Seriously I was on the highest horse in Texas and no one could knock me down! And just for your information, most Texans do not ride horses only some do. Not I of course; well okay once, but only once I swear and technically it was against my will, I  didn’t want to get onto that horse- yeah.