38c

The moon hung in the night sky, casting a soft glow over the house on Mt Paozu. Goka and Vegeta, exhausted from a month of sleepless nights with their newborn son, Gohan, found themselves in the familiar routine of tending to a crying baby.

Gohan's cries echoed through the quiet house, jolting both Goka and Vegeta awake. With heavy eyelids, they exchanged an exhausted glance that communicated both fatigue.

Gohan's cries echoed through the house, a sound that had become all too familiar. Goka, half-asleep, gave Vegeta a sleepy nudge. "Vegeta, your turn."

Vegeta grumbled, his eyes half-open. "Whining all night..."

As Gohan's cries persisted, Goka's patience waned. With a swift motion, she smacked Vegeta on the shoulder, fully waking him. " Vegeta. I need sleep."

Vegeta shot her a half-hearted glare before dragging himself out of bed. He stumbled towards Gohan's nursery, muttering about the joys of parenthood.

Inside the dimly lit nursery, Vegeta picked up Gohan, attempting to soothe the crying baby. "Hush, brat. What's the matter now?"

Vegeta tried everything – changing Gohan, offering a bottle, and even attempting a lullaby, but the cries continued, and frustration crept into his expression.

Goka, who had been watching from the doorway, entered the room with a knowing smile. "Let me try."

She gently took Gohan from Vegeta's arms, and almost miraculously, the cries ceased. Goka swayed gently, her soothing touch calming their son. Vegeta's frustration turned into a mix of jealousy and confusion.

"What did you do?" Vegeta asked, his pride slightly wounded.

Goka chuckled, placing a hand on his shoulder. "Sometimes babies just need their moms. It's a mom thing."

She patted Vegeta on the back as Gohan settled into a peaceful sleep in her arms. Vegeta's scowl remained, but a hint of understanding dawned in his eyes.

Goka placed Gohan back in the crib, adjusting the blankets with a tender touch. "Let's go back to bed," she suggested, leading Vegeta out of the nursery.

As they left the room, Goka glanced at Vegeta. "You're a great dad, but sometimes babies just want their moms. It doesn't mean you're doing anything wrong."

Vegeta grumbled in response, still processing the idea. Goka placed a reassuring hand on his back, and they made their way back to bed, leaving the nursery in peaceful silence.

In the dim light of their bedroom, Goka and Vegeta settled under the covers, exhaustion pulling them back into a welcome embrace.

--------

Goka, with baby Gohan in her arms, stood in the kitchen attempting to introduce him to the wonders of applesauce. Meanwhile, Vegeta reclined on the couch in the living room, half-listening to the gentle chaos that accompanied parenthood.

Goka held the spoonful of applesauce, trying to coax Gohan into taking a bite. The little Saiyan, however, had different plans. With a mischievous glint in his eyes, Gohan reached for the bowl, grabbing a handful of applesauce and sending it flying toward Goka's face.

The room fell into a momentary silence as applesauce adorned Goka's face, a mixture of shock and amusement written across her features.

 Gohan, seemingly pleased with his applesauce masterpiece, giggled happily, Unbeknownst to them, Vegeta had been watching the entire scene from the living room.

His stern expression melted into genuine amusement as he burst out laughing.

Goka, wiping applesauce from her face, turned to see Vegeta's reaction. "What's so funny, Vegeta?" she asked with a mix of amusement and mock offense.