Tourism

This is the Chapter 1 of the Human Village Arc of this story. For a quick summary on what I'm going to be doing, is getting Izuku settled into the Human Village. Not really much action yet, but to be honest, how often does an 'Incident' even happen anyways? It's either not very often, or every once in a while (and yes, there is a difference).

Ok. Now that the mostly inconsequential summary is over, you can just continue on your merry way, I won't stop you ;)

——————————————————————————————————————————————————

When Izuku woke up, he immediately knew something was wrong. He wasn't in his bed, and there were people murmuring around him. He bolted up and looked around. There was a large crowd of people around him. The road he sat upon was one of dirt and dust. The buildings were also old-fashioned, cottage-like even. "Where am I?" Izuku asked himself, scaried.

No one gave an explanation. However, a voice somewhere behind the crowd did say, "Did another one appear?" When the voice in the back of the crowd said this, people started moving out of the way, or simply leaving the scene entirely.

When they moved, it revealed a woman with silver hair, tinted with small parts of blue. Her dress was also blue with white sleeves. A very uniquely designed hat sat on her head, a red ribbon neatly tied up into a bow upon it. Her eyes were brown and bore into him. He was confused, scaried (but pretending not to be), and suspicious of everyone around him.

"W-w-who are you? Where a-am I?" Izuku said, unable to push away his stutter. Damn his social life for being as tragic as Oedipus. If it weren't for his fear of this unknown and possibility of having been kidnapped in his sleep, he might have been flustered and embarrassed.

The girl looked at him, before whispering to a nearby bystander momentarily. The fact the not ever they knew what was going on only made him feel slightly better at his situation. He let himself relax a little bit. As the two whispered, he looked at everyone around him, looking to see if he could figure out any of these quirks. Everyone just wore old fashioned clothes, but there was no obvious signs of any quirks.

This actually made the memory of the strange woman return to him. 'A world where no one has a quirk.' He shook it away, it was just a dream. Then again, here he was, in this strange set of circumstances.

"Hey. What's your name?" A feminine voice said from infront of Izuku. It was, of course, the girl who had appeared before. Izuku was startled enough by her to bounce backwards, back onto his butt, from her scare.

"You should pay more attention here." She scolded him, while offering her hand to lift him back up. He slightly blushed from teenaged embarrassment at himself and the girl helping him. However, he still took it. Before he could even try to lift him self though, she had already brought him back up and had turned around.

"I'll be your guide through our humble village. I am Keine Kamishrasawa, Guardian of the Human Village." The girl stated. It wasn't cold, it was just 'to the point', direct. Izuku, haven't actually gotten a bit of whiplash from everything, just nodded his head in affirmation. There was no room for argument. This didn't dissuade his questions though, that was just his tight throat preventing him from talking. He also seemed to either have missed the 'human' part, or ignored it.

"I-I-I'm Izuku M-Midoriya! N-nice to m-m-meet you!" Izuku loudly said as he bowed to her, even though she was turned away from him, unable to see him doing so. His shouting was in his awkwardness, and his studder came from his embarrassment. What a pleasant combo, only making everything worse ;)

As expected, it had no effect on Keine. However, the crowd that had finally started to disperse and other random, nearby bystanders gave him glances. "Izuku Midoriya?", she asked herself without any particular expectancy of an answer. She then turned around and saw him bowing. She waited for him to stop bowing, and Izuku only did so when he realized that this was getting awkward once more.

"I-I'm s-sorry! I-I-" Izuku started once more into a panic from embarrassment and awkwardness  (Really need to get rid on that one day). Keine interrupted him however, as she realized that this was going nowhere, anytime soon. "Izuku, you don't have to apologize." Izuku's just sheepishly nodded. He had no idea what to do anymore.

Izuku then realized he could speak. "Not to be rude or anything, but..." Izuku started, trailing off at the end as he looked for words. "You want to leave, right?" Keine asked when he stopped. It was what he was going to say, but much blunter. That didn't stop him from looking down at the ground.

Keine sighed, as she had expected this response. "You can, but we have to make preparations to do so." Izuku then looked back up at her. "This is a common request from outsiders like you..." It was quiet for a moment, before she turned around once more and motioned for Izuku to follow. "Now, follow me. You will need to get accustomed to you new, temporary  home."

Izuku felt he did something wrong. Keine had started walking ahead, and Izuku followed behind timidly. "I-" He started, only to immediately be cut-off by Keine, "It isn't your fault. It just happens sometimes." Curiosity and timidity filled him, as he completely ignore his previous attempt to apologize. "What do you mean?"

"Every once in a while, things from the Outside World appear here in Gensokyo-" Keine said. Izuku's eyes widened, "Wait, Gensokyo!" Izuku shouted in surprise. It must be a good thing the street was empty, with no one around.

Keine quickly turned around, also in surprise. "How do you know of this place?" She asked. Izuku grew panicked once more, but managed to studder out, "I-I-I-I d-didn't. It's j-j-just that I-I. In a dream, I-I met a l-l-lady who offered m-me to come h-here." Keine just gave him another look before talking to themselves.

"It isn't like Yukari to 'offer' someone into Gensokyo, but I didn't think she  would ever do that. However, it is like her to ignore boundaries." Keine then gave Izuku another look. He had no idea what she was talking about or saying. "We will talk about that later." Keine then turn back around to give Izuku a tour, "For now, I'll give your a tour. Then, we will get your situation sorted out."

Izuku nodded. He couldn't dispute her. If she wasn't lying, then this wasn't the first time she did this. The two started walking once more, but he did have one thing on his mind. "How does this happen." Izuku asked. Keine's reply was, "We can get to that later."

There was nothing he could do to help either. He had a feeling if he asked any other questions relating to this topic, he would receive a similar response. So, he asked nothing else. He simply followed Keine through the village on his tour, asking much less relevant questions about things he didn't know about.

By this time, he had realized that his dream might have been less of a dream than he though it would be, but what did that mean for the rest of it? Could he really be such a great hero with Kachaan?

——————————————————————————————————————————————————

I'm sorry for being gone for so long. I got distracted with life, and now, this part is less than originally planned. I'm actually a bit worried about this now. Maybe it isn't for the same reasons you might think, but it is still a bit concerning.

Maybe 3AM was no a good idea...