Chapter 12

Chapter 12

I woke to a gentle proding.  His kisses tickled me.  Half asleep I groaned as he became more insistent in his need for me to be awake.  His fingers trailed down my belly as I half opened an eye to find him watching me.  Without saying any words he kissed my lips and sighed deeply.

“I dreamt of you my lover,” he lustfully murmured and without opening my eyes I could hear the smile on his lips. “You are so beautiful you make my heart sing, now let me make you sing.”

Relaxed and half asleep  I smiled and finally opened my eyes. He smiled back at me and then he moaned a final soft roar.

“Sorry my love, I couldn’t help it.  I was just too overcome by my dream.  I couldn’t wait.”

I laughed as I looked down at myself.  “The king will be impressed with your bed sheets.”  I was wet and the sheets were soaked.

"You have that effect on me," he laughed. “Soon my ache will return but right now I hanker for nothing but your company and your smiles.”

We held each other as the sun rose.  We heard the horn blow to call his men back to the tents.  We smiled at each other in the knowledge that this would not call him from my arms.  He kissed me gently.

“I will have to go back to my bed soon.  It is a busy day.  I need to prepare rooms for your men too.  Find out about the women.”  I said as I moved to get up but his hands held me firmly and his lips curled in a half smile.

“Brief moment over,” and he was pulled me back into his arms.

I rolled my eyes at him and edged my way from him noticing his grimace as I did. 

“It is becoming painful just to be away from you.  Maybe I will have to lash our hips together.” He laughed.

“Torc, about this gift of yours.  You do know that there is no such thing as magic, right?”

“What do you mean Maeb?  Of course there is, how else would you explain my fortunes on the battlefield and in the bedroom.It was my gift.  There is no other explanation.”

I frowned and decided that today was not the day to argue with him on this matter.  “If that is the case, do you think this need will lessen?”

“Before you I needed to release twice a day to avoid serious pain and more if I wished to lessen it further.  Now I have found you it began requiring much more, then when I thought I lost you it changed.  I am now in almost constant pain and I crave you constantly.  I don’t know whether as my love for you becomes more familiar maybe I will be satisfied easier.  But right now my lust has no boundaries nor has my pain when you are away.”

“Well you are just going to have to manage this morning while I sort out the house.” I laughed at him while I redressed the wound and stripped the bed finding new linen for it.I left him before he could drag me down to christen the new sheets.

I worked hard all morning seeing off the guests and getting my duties in the house done.  It was close to lunch when I heard the King.

“Maeb!  You are neglecting your patient.I have just been to see him and he is groaning in pain!  What...” I turned from the King and ran in the direction of Torc’s room.  The King was furious and I would take his wraith later but right now Torc was in pain and I had to get to him.

When I entered his room he was doubled over on the bed groaning.I ran to his side quickly checking his forehead and other indicators.  However very soon one indicator told me exactly what the problem was.