Chapter Nine: Forgotten Party

TW: MILD SEXUAL CONTENT AND TALKS OF ABUSE. If you are not comfortable with these themes then please be careful reading this chapter or just skip it if that would make you feel better.

----------------------------------------------------------------
(The night before)

Echos of voices filled her head as Sofia looked at the scene in front of her. A boy slowly stood from the ground and flew away just as Marie finished talking.. but she didn't know what Marie walk talking about. The girl looked around confused as she completely forgot where and why she was at this random house.

The others around her also looked confused, all of them trying to figure out what happened. "Uh, where are we?" Andre asked, looking around.

Cate cleared her throat, "Weren't we suppose to be going to a party? This doesn't seem like the right house." She stated, starting to leave the yard as she looked down at her phone. "See the party is at Dusty's house."

"A party?" Emma asked, her body was huge as she looked down at herself. "Woah, this is different." She then looked like she thought for a moment before smiling. "I like parties."

Sofia felt her head pound as she started following her friends through the streets until they reached Dusty's home. Music blasted as a bunch of drunk or high teens laughed and danced around, in and on top of the building.

Emma immediately got attention from a group of people as they pulled her away, the girl getting the attention that she always wanted for awhile.

Sofia looked around still with a confused look as memories seemed to flash in her mind, she grabbed her head just when the feeling of electricity surrounding her head moved around her skull like it was trying to protect herself from something.  Cate turned to her with a concerned look, the blonde walked over to the girl and within seconds Sofia's head was calm. The girl smiled, looking up at Cate. "Sorry about that, sometimes all the electricity can get to me."

Cate patted her shoulder, "Go have some drinks yeah?"

Sofia felt hesitant at first but she just smiled again before walking off, "Yeah, yeah see you in there."

Lights flashed as she moved through the crowd, she gently pushed past people until she reached the drink table. Sofia reached for a drink and picked it up from the table, she seemed to once again hesitate before putting the drink down. The girl knew deep down that she didn't need to have alcohol to have fun at the party, yet at the same time some part of her pulled her towards the liquid.

Sofia looked back and forth from the drink to the dance floor. Back and forth her head went as she pondered what it would be like to actually let loose, to not be the only sober one at the party, to live her life how SHE wanted and not how her father made her. Within a few seconds Sofia found herself downing the liquid down her throat, the feeling of burning filled her mouth as she squinted her face and slammed the empty cup down.

Her heart was pumping fast as she laughed, she quickly downed one more cup before running over to the dance floor where she found Marie and Cate, the three girls seemed to be on cloud nine as they danced with each other in the crowd. Sofia spun around as all the colors mixed together, she smiled and felt free at that moment. It was like she was missing out on another life that she was missing.

aAt one point of the night she felt a hand touch her shoulder. She turned and saw a boy smiling at her, "Having fun?"

Sofia slowly backed away, "Uh yeah, I am.. with my friends."

"You wanna dance?" The boy asked, getting a bit closer.

"No thanks."

"Come on, I can be fun."