Prologue

Run, run, run...

It was the first thing she could do, looking around her she saw trolls running past her, shaking above her, her hair covering part of her face, she looked at the ground to not think about what they were running away from, running as fast as she could. She could feel the tears sliding down her face, fear consuming her.

"Viva!"

She hears her name, a deep, fatherly voice calling her just ahead. She raises her head towards the voice, quickening her pace and hugging the older troll in front of her.

"Daddy!!" The girl cried, hugging the older man tightly as her tears fell.

"Dear, we have to get to the end of the tunnels!" He says pointing to the direction they were all running, "There's a clearing not far from here, I know it will be perfect for all of us." The girl nods, adjusting her position to the side to better see what he was holding in the other arm.

"Poppy!" She cries hugging her baby sister and seeing that she wasn't hurt. The little girl just smiles, touching her sister's face, who smiles back.

"Let's go now!" Their father moves forward but stops when a bang is heard behind them, sharp blades begin to pierce the ceilings, and trolls behind are yet to pass by, "No! Viva, take care of your sister!" He says giving the younger one to the older one, preventing her from talking anymore with "No troll left behind!!", and running to greet the late trolls, receiving thanks from those he passed by, calling him King Peppy.

The blonde stood still but was encouraged by other trolls to continue running. The more she ran with her sister in her arms the more she looked back looking for her father, but she only saw more and more of those blades blocking the path behind, separating those in front from those who didn't go fast enough, at the same time. which made her close her eyes and run faster.

They all ran so much that they couldn't even be sure if they made it to the end, but when they saw a light at the end of the tunnels that was when they knew they had made it, they all jumped to freedom. Viva ran with everything she had with her sister in her arms, darting out from the entrance just like everyone else, opening her eyes to see her sister safe and unharmed, smiling lightly before looking around her, seeing all the trolls, some injured, others sad and crying, she could see some families present and that made her remember...

"Where is Daddy..?" She was looking at one of the last trolls at the entrance, which was looking at the bottom of the tunnels with something in its hands.

"I think... King Peppy didn't make it..." said the troll, showing King Peppy's hug bracelet with the wounded flower on it.

Viva stared at the bracelet, her hands trembling as the troll placed it in the princess's hands, from which she touched the petals that normally made the flower glow and played a jingle, but nothing came out other than a petal that slowly fell to the ground.

Her heart broke, she brought the bracelet closer to her chest holding back tears, a hand then touched her shoulder.

"I know how you feel..." She turned to face the troll next to her, a navy blue troll with yellow hair, messy from the running, "I lost someone too..."he said looking down melancholy. Viva sniffled, hugging the troll who accepted it, looking to the side and seeing his brothers, one with pink hair with bangs, and the other hiding behind him, much younger and grayer.

"What do we do now, Princess Viva??" A troll asks worriedly, Viva looks at the tunnel and her people, separating herself from the troll boy she takes Poppy in her arms and stands up, and with a tear in her eye she looks into the distance.

"Let's find a new home, it's not safe here..." And so she leads the way forward to the other trolls who follow her without questions. The journey would be long and would last a few days until they reached where their father had planned to take them, a place that he said had excellent acoustics.

[To Be Continued...]