Chapter 6 - Wonderful Life

Branch had a lot to think about what he would do about Poppy, he didn't like putting her in danger like last night, but he also didn't like seeing her sad. It frustrated him, but in the end, he made a decision.

Leaving his room, he could hear the door close in Clay's room, he was the only one with a door, that was a sign that he had arrived and that he would be out again in an hour or so. He never took long breaks, it was always very short breaks.

Branch would have to be quick and that's what he did, leaving the room and pulling the lever up, activating the elevator platform. Arriving at the top he leaves the banker, wondering if it was a good idea to do this but he shakes that idea out of his head, Poppy needed his support, even if he didn't agree. He looks in the direction of her pod, and with a long sigh he starts heading there.

On the way he started to rethink again and again, what was he going to say to her, maybe apologies? for what? He was only honest in telling the truth! But, she was his friend, and she matters a lot to him.

Rethinking what he would say to her, he arrives at her pod, hesitating to enter, rubbing his hands nervously. What if she doesn't want to talk to him? he thought, looking around looking for an excuse not to go in but his legs were already moving towards the entrance.

There was no excuse, he takes a deep breath and placing his hand on the edge of the entrance he takes a step inside. "Ah... Poppy?" he calls her, entering the pod looking around, the pink room moderately tidy, bed made, table clean, some books on Poppy's desk, "Poppy?" he calls out again, a mix of feelings of confusion and concern washing over his face.

Branch starts to look around, quickly approaching the work table that seemed very busy, some of the books seemed thrown and others disorganized, and Branch knew something was wrong because Poppy never left her scrapbooks disorganized.

Unless she is in a hurry to the point of not organizing it properly.

Branch's eyes open in realization, but are soon taken over by one of the books, it was half open, being stopped by the scissors holder on the table, he lightly removes the book from the scissors, turning it over to see the page from which it was open.

"Oh no..." he muttered, his eyes widened, he dropped the book on the floor, running out of the pod as fast as he could. It was a page that talked about the great escape, normally the page had a map that showed a path to Bergen Town, but now, that page had been removed.

Branch jumped out of the pod, using his hair to get down from the branch, he could see from the height movement through the part most covered by forest, his eyebrows were frowning seriously. He moves back and forth, creating propulsion to throw himself in the direction and turning on the ground when he lands, being cushioned by his hair, when he stops he jumps lightly and lands on his feet in front of the forest.

He looked around, the trees, bigger than the village, seeming to never end, he felt a chill that made him swallow. Taking a deep breath and motivating himself to go after the stubborn princess, each step filled him with anxiety, the sounds of the village seemed to diminish, eyes closed, why did he feel nervous?

"Branch?"

A familiar voice calls him from behind, eyes opening he realizes that he has barely left the village yet, the sudden silence was only in his head, the gray troll slowly turns his head back, meeting the eyes of a confused Floyd.

"What are you doing..?" the oldest questions, eyes squinting in confusion as his arms move lightly in question, his eyes undecided whether to look at his brother or the woods.