Chapter 4 - One Chance, Don't let it Go

"Branch!" Poppy continued after Branch, having already lost track of him, "Creek didn't mean to offend you, I-I swear!" She continued to search, she was getting further and further away from the party, until she reached the wall.

She saw herself with no way out and sighed, starting to leave when she felt a breeze. She looked back at the wall, and in the breeze she came to what looked like a passage, a crack or hole with what looked like a lightly removed stone in front.

She looked around and approached the rock, and with a little difficulty she removed the rock from the path seeing that it was a passage, and curious and confused she looked back at the passage, and taking a deep breath she began to walk through the passage.

She had no idea what she would find on the other side, but she certainly wouldn't give up on the possibility of finally leaving the limits that trapped her in the village.

After walking through the passage for what seemed like minutes she was able to see the end of the tunnel and when she came out she couldn't believe her eyes.

She was outside.

Poppy begins to look around her, seeing how much bigger the forest seemed to her. Taking the first few steps forward, she begins to look everywhere, seeing animals and insects everywhere, some hiding and others staring at her.

Some fireflies fly around her, making her smile in surprise and follow them. She looks around her more clearly, even in the dark, the silver light of the moon made that vast place just more beautiful, it was what she always dreamed of. Beautiful and mysterious.

For the first time she felt free, starting to explore this beautiful outside.

"i've been working hard so long

seems like pay has been my only friend

my fragile heart's been done so wrong

i wondered if i'd ever heal again"

Poppy looked back with a sad look before looking forward.

"ohh just like all the seasons never stay the same

all around me i can feel a change (ohh)"

Her face takes on a confident smile and she starts running towards a tree.

"i will break these chains that bind me, happiness will find me

leave the past behind me, today my life begins"

She holds onto a branch of the tree using her hair and climbs like this, landing on the branch correctly, and continues to do this even though she almost slips a few times.

"a whole new world is waiting it's mine for the takin

i know i can make it, today my life begins"

She is now on the highest branch of the tree, being able to see everything from the top. She could see the stars, the trees and the village from there, stopping to admire the beauty she sits on the branch.

"I don't understand why Viva is so afraid of the world out here... it's so..." she sighs, "beautiful!" She stretches her arms in the air excitedly, lying on her back on the branch, laughing.

That's when she heard a CRACK, and then a SNAP, and within seconds her smile faded and she began to fall, the branch had broken.

Poppy starts screaming in panic and uses her hair to hold on to another branch, watching the branch she was sitting on hit the ground and break into pieces. Poppy swallows, a little breathless.