Chapter 3 - Hot Wings

It was the big day, Poppy, Smidge and DJ were getting ready at the twins' boutique and were very excited, the same was true for everyone. Viva was finishing watching the last things get ready before going to get her party clothes and check on Clay, Floyd was trying to find a moment to practice but he kept receiving compliments from admirers around the village.

Branch? Well, he was in the bunker, he didn't want to get all dressed up like his brothers, he was just going without the bandages on his arms to look less "messy" as many referred to him. He honestly didn't care about the insults, he just went because he knew Poppy would be happy, and he wouldn't stay for the whole party, just a half hour and then he'd go back to the bunker.

Clay was practicing with Cooper and Guy Diamond, they were joking all the time and it frustrated him a little. Cooper wasn't very bright and Guy, well, he was self-centered but Poppy said he was a good friend. It took a long time but they managed to work out a song and a choreography, until it wasn't so bad when Cooper didn't understand the instructions the wrong way all the time having to be corrected by Guy or him, he promised that Viva would listen to his complaints for the next few months .

Within a few hours the party was starting, everyone in the village was already there enjoying the festivities and games. Poppy and her friends walked through the crowd that gave way to the princess and her group, all wearing festive outfits that suited them very well.

Poppy wore a navy blue dress with several white and blue flowers, her hair had flowers tied up and fingerless gloves that went up to her upper arm. she had a bracelet with her friends' colors and she waved to everyone.

"Pops, you look radiant!!" said Satin with a twinkle in her eyes, leaving the princess embarrassed and smiling back at her friend. "I mean, I worked on that dress, so of course you look fabulous!" Chenille nudges her with her elbow, glaring at her, "and Chenille helped too, I guess." She rolls her eyes with an uninterested expression.

"What my sister wants to say is that you look beautiful, gal!" the lilac troll says, sulking her sister's face to the side. Poppy laughs at the twins' rivalry, they always act like that but she knew they loved each other.

"They're right Poppy, you look magnificent!" Guy says, lengthening the word in an autotune, "you will be the center of attention my dear, I know you will!" he puts his arm around her smiling.

"No Guy, my sister is going to." She smiled looking at the center of the village, a huge mushroom pressed against the biggest tree in the forest, and at the top was Viva and some other trolls, she wore a white dress with flowers that looked like stars, her braided hair with pearls and pink flowers combined with her navy green cloak. Poppy looked at her in amazement as her sister who stopped waving at the others to wave at her smiling. Poppy pauses and waves at her, smiling.

"Okay okay, now let's go!!" Smidge takes Poppy by the hand and starts running through the games with the group going with her. This would be a fun party for all of them.

____________________________________________________

Floyd was next to an empty lake, after all everyone was too busy with the party, this was the perfect place for him to practice his bass. All the admirers surrounding him never brought him much comfort, he preferred to keep to himself, something his brothers knew and that's why they left him alone when they thought he needed it.

It's not exactly ideal, when he was alone too much he started thinking too much and ended up not concentrating and suddenly half an hour passed and he hadn't touched the strings of the instrument at all.