Chapter 1 - Wind in my Hair

The walls of the troll village stretched to the limits of the clearing, the same clearing from which King Peppy planned to lead his people to safety, in the end, at the time, Princess Viva finally found it, she didn't know for sure, but she felt like If something called her there, since then the trolls have lived in harmony, with the protective heart of their new queen, Viva.

Viva ordered a wall to be built to keep predators and dangers away from them, thus keeping them safe and protected.

No one was allowed to leave without her permission, not even to pick flowers. 20 years since that day and the village and its subjects were all safe, parties were still the norm but they were always measures to be safe and not alert their presence to them. This kept them safe for years, and therefore they always admired it, the same was with Princess Poppy, the queen's younger sister and responsible for the village's parties and celebrations, friend to everyone, kind, affectionate and fun.

Poppy however had a dream, the dream of seeing the outside world, she never set foot outside the village limits. She knew it was for her safety, but she was already 22 years old and nothing ever threatened them, they never had predators, the local animals are peaceful, the fauna is not dangerous, everything has always been safe, if that is the case, why can't they leave for even a minute?

Some might call her naive, but others just call her curious.

And there was only one troll who would never stop supporting her, that someone would be the village brute, Smidge.

"Poppy, are you sure this is a good idea?" Asked the little yellow troll with a deep, rocky voice, moving from one mushroom to another on a tree close to the wall. Just in front of her was a pink troll in a blue-green dress with a green bandana with blue flowers around her head and a ponytail up, saluting to a higher mushroom.

"Now Smidge, you're not going to give up, are you?" She asks, looking at the smaller girl with a smile and a raised eyebrow. Hopscotch snorts, using her hair to launch herself from her mushroom to where Poppy was.

"Give up? I never give up!" She says puffing out her chest with her hands on her waist smudging. She was never the type to give up, and Poppy knew it, laughing and continuing to climb the tree.

"But seriously, what if your sister finds out?" she asks, sounding even more worried, still following her friend, "You know she doesn't like it when you do that." Poppy sighs rolling her eyes.

"If we're quick this time she won't catch us! Besides, it wasn't my fault last time, Cooper is horrible at keeping secrets!" she continues to climb, climbing off the mushroom she was on and onto a branch.

"I still don't understand how you thought that would be a good idea, you know he drops cupcakes when he gets nervous."

"Silly mistake, I didn't ask him to cover for us this time." Poppy waves the problem away, reaching the tip of the branch.

"Yes, because this time it was Biggie, and I'd say he's even worse!" Poppy shushes her with a finger as she approaches, showing her friend that they have reached the top.

"Wow..." That was as far as they could go before, they could see the outside of the village from that height. "We've never gotten this far!" The little one bounces on her toes excitedly while Poppy just feels the breeze touching her skin and taking a deep breath of the free air.

"Are you ready?" The pink one asks her friend, who just responds with a determined smile, and in a count of three the two jump from the branch towards the top of the wall, almost losing balance but quickly recovering by holding on to each other's arms.