Chapter 2 - Not like other Trolls

If there is a troll who has been allowed outside the wall, that would be the village's infamous grump Branch. Viva allowed him as the only exception as he always focused on building or fixing security mechanisms around the village, ensuring that everyone was safe.

Many thank her for this, as she gave her permission for this to be guaranteed, but Branch was the one who thought of the idea of ​​anti-predator traps and helped build the mechanisms used around the village, but do they recognize him for this? Yes and no.

They know he was involved, but they just...don't like him.

He's different from most of them, he doesn't sing, he doesn't like parties, he doesn't like hugs, and he almost never interacts with anyone.

Many have been interacting with the princess, but they think she just felt sorry for him because of whatever problem he has. But in reality, she's been a friend of his for a few years now.

Poppy and Branch became friends when their siblings started taking care of the village, about 9 years ago. They didn't know each other very well, Poppy was very social but this serious and antisocial troll was never interested in village parties, so she never saw him before, until Viva introduced her assistant and best friend Clay and his brothers.

Floyd was super kind but quiet, and had a beautiful voice, but the youngest, who arrived a little late that day, was even quieter, he didn't talk to her, but she immediately hugged him, happy to make a new friend.

It was a surprise that they started hanging out together, even though he didn't consider himself part of her group.

She didn't feel sorry for him, she genuinely cared about him and wanted to know more about him. And even without understanding, she said something that became an eternal promise.

"I will help you find your happiness one day!"

He dismissed it, but deep down he just didn't understand her naive and extreme optimism, it was like an enigma. What made her so happy when she and the queen were orphans?

And he also didn't understand how his brothers worked. How can Clay work himself to death without even wanting to rest? He understood that it was for their protection, but Branch was an adult now, he knows how to take care of himself.

And Floyd... He doesn't know what's on his mind, he always keeps problems to himself, and prefers to limit himself to following him instead of doing something he wants, as if he were compensating for something. When he wasn't with him he was receiving letters from secret admirers, which Branch made fun of.

Branch loves his brothers, but he also feels like a burden to them, after all, they gave up what they wanted to do to take care of him when...

Well, it didn't matter now, the village celebration party was close and he needed to make sure the wall was impenetrable and everyone was safe, but he wouldn't get involved in the party, not that any of them cared.

Branch needs some star tools that were in his hideout, a place he built with Floyd's help, a place that was important to him. Upon arriving at the entrance he lifts the carpet saying "go away" entering through the secret passage.

Wiping the dust off his shoulders, he activates a lever that starts to lower the elevator in which he was standing, going through the floors of the bunker while listening to a melody getting closer until he reaches the top floor, seeing his older brother Floyd sitting in an armchair. playing his bass and humming a song.

"Floyd." Branch stares at him, breaking his brother's concentration, who looks at him in surprise of seeing him earlier.

"Branch, I didn't know you were coming earlier, have you finished arming your security systems?" Branch sighs and goes to one of the shelves in the room looking for one of the tools. Floyd just looks at him ignoring him and sighs, going back to playing his bass, Branch looks at him from the side in silence and decides to break the silence.