4 | Testosterone in the Classroom Should be Banned

ARTICLE TITLE: Testosterone in the Classroom Should be Banned

DRAFTED TEXT: It is unbelievable how high the tension between a teenage boy and fighting another teenage boy that comes across his way is, especially in a classroom setting. The amount of times one of my books was been ripped or my water bottle was cracked as someone used as a weapon is too many to count on one hand. Can't boys behave like normal civilians for ten minutes?

Hunched over her desk, Y/n continued rereading the same sentence over and over, still not comprehending it. Her eyes were burning and probably red due to the lack of sleep, but she'd procrastinated too much the past two weeks; thus she had to cram everything in a night. Three hours and a coffee were keeping her awake, as well as the RedBull at the corner of her desk. Her head was barely up, but she thought that once she saw the questions on the sheets, the answer would manifest in her head. Probably. Hopefully.

There were no classes that day, but the whole class was still present, using the last chance to study before the mock exam. It was quiet until the door slid open and Y/n glanced back for a split-second, noticing Young Bin enter. She looked back down at her work, though her attention couldn't help but be forwarded to the new conversation.

''Bum Seok, our teacher wants to see you.''

''What?''

''Our homeroom teacher wants to see you.''

Y/n glanced at the two as they conversed. She watched as Bum Seok got up to follow without a word. She shook her head to herself. Her deduction must've been right — Yeong Bin had found himself a new target.

She reached for her RedBull and brought it to her mouth to take another sip; nothing came out. She shook the can enough to notice it was empty. Sighing, she took her wallet out of her bag and stood up, heading to the door. She passed by Soo Ho on the way and stopped, her eyes boring at the top of his head. He was sleeping, as usual, not even his pencil case out. Though, Y/n wasn't even sure if he owned a pencil case in the first place.

She had the urge to bother him, to mention something about him stalking her social media, but she didn't want to disturb the class and make a fool of herself, so she simply continued on. The hallways were empty as most people were studying, though once she reached the vending machine, Y/n could hear people conversing.

''What's this?''

Bum Seok. Y/n stopped at the corner, leaning on the wall as she waited, listened.

''Take it.''

At Young Bin's words, Y/n leaned over to see him hand something small to Bum Seok. She couldn't make out what it was, but it couldn't be good. She pondered for a moment as silence filled the space. Normally, she would stay indifferent, mind her business. But she was tired and annoyed, and she wouldn't mind bickering to distress.

''Young Bin,'' Y/n called as she walked past the corner. Both boys looked at her and Y/n noticed Bum Seok trying to shield whatever he had been given. ''You're not bullying the new kid, are you?''

Yeong Bin scoffed as he watched her walk over to the vending machine. ''I'm not. Bum Seok here and I are buddies.''

Y/n punched in the number for the RedBull and put her coins in, not sparing him a glance. ''You don't have 'buddies', Young Bin.''

''Tell her it's all good, Bum Seok,'' Young Bin said. Y/n noticed him nudge Bum Seok lightly with his elbow.

The RedBull dropped just as Bum Seok timidly nodded, his eyes cast to the ground. ''Yeah.''

Y/n crouched and took her drink out before she stood up again. She popped the can open with a hiss. ''Bum Seok.'' He looked at Y/n. ''If that loser is bothering you, let me know.''