9 | How Many Types of Pool Exist?

ARTICLE TITLE: How Many Types of Pool Exist?

DRAFTED TEXT: Apparently, there are multiple. Pocket Pool, which is the standard, is the one I know. There's apparently also Eight-Ball, Nine-Ball, Ten-Ball, Straight Pool, One Pocket and Bank Pool. I'm not sure exactly why there are so many, nor am I sure why my idiots for friends decide to play something so complicated.

''Watch carefully what I do,'' Soo Ho said as he leaned over the billiard table with his stick, hitting one of the balls as a demonstration.

Y/n leaned on her stick, looking down at her manicured nails. She only did that on weekends and holidays due to the school's dress code, so they were only a day old, but one of her nails was already chipped. She would have to fix it once she got home. She looked at Soo Ho as his ball hit its target.

''Okay. Take away ten,'' Soo Ho said and moved to the side.

''I still don't get this game. Why didn't we play normal billiard?'' Y/n asked as she moved the ten points on the board next to Si Eun and Bum Seok, who were sitting on the bench.

''I'm a master at this. I can teach you,'' Soo Ho said as he leaned down to hit another ball, looking at her.

Y/n thought it would be someone else's turn now, but maybe she just didn't understand the game. ''You already explained it once and I still don't get it.''

''Didn't we meet for the assessment?'' Si Eun asked, as disinterested as ever.

Bum Seok took a breath and awkwardly toyed with his stick. ''Yeah, you're right.''

''Si Eun, today's the weekend. Right?'' Soo Ho looked back at the balls. ''Sometimes, you have to play to make your blood flow and make the brain work.''

''You're not going to college, are you?'' Si Eun asked.

Soo Ho winced. ''It was close.'' He pointed his stick at Si Eun in an accusatory manner. ''Did you get hit in the head? Why would I enter the chicken coop again? What are you doing? Hurry up and play. Y/n, come here, I'll show you what to do.''

Y/n sighed and walked over to where he stood. He leaned his own stick against the other table, putting his hands on his hips. ''You saw what I was doing, right? Lean over the table. Pick a red ball and try to hit the yellow one with it.''

''Fine.'' Looking down at the table, Y/n picked the ball closer to her and leaned over the table, positioning her stick.

''You're doing it all wrong,'' Soo Ho said dramatically and moved to stand next to Y/n — she didn't move as he leaned down next to her, closing one of his eyes, as if to concentrate better. He touched her hand, his other arm going over her back for balance. Y/n's breath hitched, waiting as he positioned her arms properly. ''Okay, now you have to hit it, but not too hard, okay? Otherwise you might send the ball flying and hit Si Eun in the nose.''

''Hey, then he can match with Young Bin,'' Y/n chuckled, trying to calm herself down under his touch. Soo Ho laughed at that and moved back, his hands disappearing from her, yet the feeling lingered.

Doing as she was told, she hit the red ball just enough so it would strike the yellow one. The yellow one moved and hit a corner. ''Nice!'' Soo Ho said and pointed at Bum Seok. ''Take another ten. Si Eun, your turn!'' Si Eun didn't move nor speak. Soo Ho moved over and grabbed his arm. ''Hurry up. Stop playing hard to get. Seriously!''

He pushed Si Eun to the table and took a drink. Y/n straightened up and walked back to the bench, sitting down next to Bum Seok. As she watched Si Eun lean down and hit the balls, Y/n's thoughts wandered off.