17 | Iced Americano or Frappuccino? Which Is Better?

ARTICLE TITLE: Iced Americano or Frappuccino? Which Is Better?

DRAFTED TEXT: You know how when you go to a coffee shop, you usually have a go-to order? My boyfriend and I have been arguing about it, and we can't decide which one is better. He refuses to try a Frappuccino and I refuse to try an Iced Americano — at least, that's what he thinks. I've tried it before, I just don't want to back down yet. I have to convince him to try my Frappuccino first.

''Y/n, did you think of anything we can do for Soo Ho's birthday?''

Young Yi looked through her phone as she spoke, while Y/n walked next to Soo Ho, their hands intertwined as he swung them back and forth just a litte. Bum Seok was behind them — it was the weekend and they were going to the restaurant Bum Seok had suggested. Si Eun had texted that he'd be late, saying he would join them there.

''No. I've been looking into stuff, but nothing is good enough,'' Y/n said and looked at Soo Ho. ''It would be just so much easier if you gave us ideas, you know. You should decide!''

''Hey, you two decided you're gonna organize it,'' Soo Ho reminded her. ''What's the big deal, anyway? Just have a nice meal.''

''How can we do nothing for your birthday?'' Young Yi asked. ''We have to do something fun.''

''I'm telling you, it's not necessary,'' Soo Ho said, looking down at Y/n. ''I'd be happy with just a date, too, you know.''

''Hey! You have other friends than Y/n, you know?'' Young Yi scolded him.

Y/n chuckled, grabbing Soo Ho's arm with her free one. ''We can go after. But if you just want a nice meal, I'll see what I can arrange.''

''What's this?'' Bum Seok spoke from the back and the three turned to him. ''Is it your birthday, Soo Ho?''

''Yes, on Saturday the week after next,'' Young Yi answered him, then looked at Y/n with wide eyes. ''Shall we rent a party room?''

''Wait, that's good!'' Y/n nodded, her eyes meeting Soo Ho's. ''Then you can have your nice meal and we can hang out in there. They usually have consoles and karaoke machines, you know?''

Soo Ho looked down at Young Yi. ''Look, woman, don't you have to save money? Didn't you say you're studying for exams?'' Then he looked at Y/n. ''I don't want you spending your money, either. My birthday isn't a big deal.''

''I'll spend my money on whatever I want.'' She pressed a quick kiss on his cheek, then looked over him at Young Yi. ''You got any rental rooms in mind?''

They made it to the place Bum Seok wanted to bring them to. Young Yi was the first one to make it to the counter. ''The menu's huge. What should I drink?''

''Let me see,'' Y/n said as she butted to stand next to her. She felt Soo Ho's hands on her shoulders as he peaked at the drink options as well. Within the first week of their relationship, Y/n had noticed just how touchy Soo Ho was — and she didn't really mind it.

''What would you like?'' Bum Seok asked, looking between Y/n and Soo Ho. Y/n noticed he wasn't really paying attention to Young Yi. He is rather introverted, though. Maybe it's still awkward for him since he doesn't really know her. He'll warm up soon enough, like he did with us.

Soo Ho took a hand off Y/n's shoulder and clapped Bum Seok's. ''An Iced Americano for me.''

''I'll have a Viennese Iced Coffee,'' Young Yi ordered.

Y/n's eyes remained on the menu. ''You guys go get a table, I still can't choose.''

Young Yi and Soo Ho walked off, leaving Y/n with Bum Seok. Sighing, Y/n finally looked up. ''A Frappuccino with coffee for me, please.''