14 | Hospital Beds Can be Comfortable - With the Right Person

ARTICLE TITLE: Hospital Beds Can be Comfortable — With the Right Person

DRAFTED TEXT: Despite suffering patients usually needing comfortable beds during their recovery, the hospital doesn't really provide that. [REDACTED] (that's too sappy to post.)

Y/n sat on Soo Ho's bed next to him, leaning against his pillow. The blanket covered the both of them and Y/n could feel his warm leg against hers, sending the occasional chill down her spine. He rested against her shoulder, his good hand once again holding onto hers. It was getting late and Y/n would have to go home soon, but she didn't want to move. She wanted to relish in this moment for as long as she could.

Si Eun had left, while Young Yi was on her phone on the other bed. ''Y/n, look here!'' Young Yi suddenly said and Y/n looked up, noticing Young Yi taking a selfie. Y/n quickly put her phone on her lap and threw a peace sign. Young Yi then stood up and walked in front of the bed, pointing her camera at Soo Ho and Y/n. ''Do something!''

Y/n leaned her head on Soo Ho's and grinned widely. Then she sat up properly and threw another peace sign, making Young Yi laugh as she moved back to her bed. ''Can you send me those?'' Y/n asked.

''Sure. What's your username?'' After quickly exchanging socials, Young Yi sent her the pictures she'd taken. Y/n quickly opened the one with her leaning her head on Soo Ho's; she pursed her lips, not believing this picture existed. It's been a little over a month since they started talking, and look at them now. Now I just need to be right in my hunch about Soo Ho's feelings.

The door suddenly opened and Y/n looked up; Si Eun walked in with three bags in his hands. He placed two on the table on Soo Ho's bed, the other one on Young Yi's bed. ''What's that?'' Young Yi asked.

Y/n looked down at Soo Ho, bringing a hand to his shoulder and shaking him. ''Soo Ho, Si Eun brought food. Wake up.''

Soo Ho's eyes practically shot open at that. ''What is it?''

Si Eun put his hands in his pants' pockets. ''You craved it.''

Furrowing her brows, Y/n leaned closer to one of the bags with a burger picture on it. She remembered their conversation at the ambulance — her eyes moved to Si Eun. ''No way.''

''But eating at night could make me gain weight!'' Young Yi suddenly said. Regardless, she still pulled her table up and opened her food. ''It's late at night. You're so inconsiderate. But since you got it for me . . . Hey, this looks so good.''

Si Eun didn't speak as he watched both Y/n and Soo Ho open their bags with goods; a burger for her and an ox knee soup for him, just as they'd wished for earlier. Soo Ho looked at Si Eun with skepticism. ''What's with this emotion? I'm getting goosebumps. What's your deal?''

''What?''

''I mean, you . . . You're so warm-hearted. Your eyes, how you behave, how you speak and your face,'' Soo Ho listed on. ''It feels awfully strange.''

Y/n hit his shoulder. ''Let him be, he's being nice, dumbass.''

Si Eun looked between Soo Ho and Y/n for a long time; Y/n almost thought he was about to cry when he suddenly broke into a smile. Soo Ho let out a weak scoff, though Si Eun only continued smiling. He sat down on the foot of Young Yi's bed, looking at his friends. ''Eat up.''

The smell of the burger finally hit her nose. She hadn't realized just how hungry she was until now. Pulling out her burger, fries and coke, Y/n immediately took a bite. ''Holy fuck, this is so good,'' she murmured with her mouth full, then took another bite.

''Where are your manners, cutie? I never want to hear you judge me again.'' Soo Ho's mouth was just as full as he spoke.

''Shut up,'' Y/n said as she swallowed, then looked at Si Eun. ''Si eun, do you want fries?''