Introduction.

♠️♥️♣️♦️

Hana was woken up by the blinding lights from the sun outside. 

Her usual doctor, who came with food, water and other small needs, stood by the window with a smile. 

"Good morning, Miss Jang." She softly spoke. Her soft voice was always pleasing to wake up to. 

Breakfast and some milk stood on a small table beside her, something she rarely saw. 

It wasn't always she was allowed to eat breakfast in the morning before her checkups and such, but today, it seemed as if she could eat something before that. 

"Your doctor, Chishiya, is coming in soon. He needed to check on another patient for another doctor."

I nodded understandingly. 

Chishiya had been my doctor for a long time. He became my doctor after my old doctor had retired, and to be honest, I kind of like him more than I liked my last doctor. He was pretty good. Calm, he didn't ask too many questions, but he asked enough. 

The nice doctor who had woken me up placed my breakfast in my lap, and then she quickly left the room. 

♠️♥️♣️♦️ 

I started eating the small breakfast I had on my lap. It wasn't much food, considering they knew I wouldn't eat much. 

After some minutes, the blonde doctor who I was waiting for entered the room with a small knock. 

I gave him a soft smile, and then I looked down at my food again. 

I slowly lifted the spoon with cereal, and slowly put it in my mouth. 

"Eating well?" Chishiya asked as he walked over to my bed to check if everything was going well with the tubes hanging beside me.

"Not really... I'm trying though..."

I mumbled, feeling my cheeks flush up in embarrassment. 

"Well, at least you're trying," he said in his usual calm voice. 

"Have you been sleeping well?" he asked, looking down at me, and I slowly nodded. 

"Any unusual sweating, nightmares, headaches?" He continued asking, and I shook my head. 

"Ah, that's good. Could I check your vitals?" Chishiya took a step closer to me, and I nodded once again, and he went to work. 

"You haven't been feeling any discomfort or anything?" The questions came pouring in. 

It had been the same questions for 3 years, and I was already used to them. 

"My heartbeat was going up for some reason yesterday. I decided not to think much of it."

I mumbled while he was checking my heartbeat. 

"Well, now it sounds okay. Yesterday, when that happened, were you doing anything?" Chishiya got ready to check my blood pressure. 

"Not really. I was sitting up to watch something, but nothing other than that." 

I told him. 

"Weird. Well, you said you wanted a day out of the hospital for your birthday, right?" He started to check my blood pressure. 

I did mention some weeks ago that I wanted to go out, yes. But I had no one to meet up with, so maybe I should stay here instead. 

I slowly nodded. "But I don't have anyone to spend the day with..." I mumbled, looking away. 

I felt his eyes burning into the side of my head, and I tried to avoid looking back at him. 

"I... I could go out with you. We could go for a quick lunch or something..." He quietly said. 

His words surprised me. Chishiya, of all people, was saying that he could have lunch with me. 

I turned my head to look at him, shocked. 

"R-Really...?" It sounded like I was more nervous than excited. 

Truth is, I was kind of nervous. I had never spent time with anyone ever since I was hospitalized. 

And another reason was because it was Chishiya. 

Shuntaro Chishiya. 

I heard some doctor call him cold and heartless, but to me... he was... well I wouldn't say super kind. 

He at least acted like he cared about me. 

He also seemed a little nice. He wasn't like the cold-hearted doctor I'd been hearing about. 

"A-alright..." I said while slowly nodding. 

I saw a soft smile appearing on his lips before he turned away and started to get ready to check my body temperature. 

"Well, we might just do that for lunch. Your blood pressure, body temperature and heartbeat are all normal. I need to do some closer checkups later, but we do that after lunch as usual." He said after he checked my temperature. 

I gave him a soft smile. 

"I could come get you a little before we go out for lunch, so you can get ready with everything, okay?" Chishiya got up from the chair he was sitting on, and I nodded at his words. 

Chishiya soon left the room with a little wave. He closed the door softly, and then the room became all quiet. The occasional beeping of the machinery beside me breaking the silence. 

After being stuck in the same hospital for 3 years, I had gotten used to the routines and all the weird sounds. 

I had gotten used to being woken up at 8 every morning. 

I had gotten used to the beeping from the machinery beside me. 

Now, I found it peaceful. It was like this lonely, silent room, which was my home. I had everything I needed. 

My phone, headphones, a laptop, shoes, and some other clothes. I also had drawing kits and a small notebook that I got replaced every time I wrote it out. 

This was peace.

-Small introduction done!