Chapter 1.

♠️♥️♣️♦️

Chishiya POV 

I left the quiet room with a smile. Checking up on her was the best time of the day. It was quiet, there were not too many questions, and no way too long responses. 

It was always pleasing to talk to her. I had gotten used to her tired voice now. I had gotten used to her short replies, and her slow but small nods. 

When I walked down the hallway where her room was, I saw another doctor. 

I nicely greeted him, but he stopped me. 

"Mr. Chishiya." He spoke, making me halt in my steps. 

When he said my name like that, it only meant bad things. 

"I have something regarding your patient." He handed me an envelope, and I slowly opened it. 

The contents of the letter saddened me. 

"Sir, why her? Why can't someone else get this? Her appointment has been moved so many times. She was supposed to get that 4 months ago." I felt some anger inside of me. She didn't deserve this. Not at all. It's like all of them have forgotten about her. 

"Chishiya, you know we can't do that. Miss Hana is the only one in the right condition to wait. If we had chosen anyone else, they would just get worse and worse, and in the end die, if they don't get the help they need." The doctor spoke with seriousness in his voice. 

"But Hana... she's also dying. But none of you can see that, can you? Why can't you just give the is to her? She needs it as much as the other patients do. If we just sit here and do nothing other than feeding her random medication that we aren't sure can help her, she is bound to die in the end. I don't want that to happen while I still work here." I spoke, and anger could be heard in my voice. 

I wanted all good things to come to Hana. I didn't want her to be forgotten. I didn't want her to be cast aside. I don't even know how to tell her that she can't get this appointment anymore. 

The other doctor was about to say something before I walked off. 

I didn't want to listen to him anymore. It was like he was talking her down, something he was not. But he was simply saying that Hana meant less than other patients. 

The thought of the other doctors not caring about a patient angered him. Especially because it was Hana he was talking about. 

If I was asked directly if I sincerely cared for her more than others. I wouldn't be able to answer. 

She was a unique girl, and her thoughts on this cruel world had changed me.  

♠️♥️♣️♦️

I walked into Hana's small room after knocking. 

I saw her sitting on the edge of her bed, looking ready to go.

Her hair had been braided into 2 braids that were hanging on each side of her head, and she was wearing some cargo pants with a hoodie. 

I smiled softly, finding it a little cute that she was all ready for lunch. 

Sometimes, I think she had forgotten that it was her birthday. 

I saw multiple unopened gifts on her bed, with only the cards opened. 

"You're not going to open the gifts?" I asked her while stepping closer to her. 

"No. I wanted to wait. I already know what I'm getting from 3 of them. And to be honest. It's the cards that matter most to me." She softly spoke with a slight smile on her face. 

"Ahh, understandable. It's no fun opening gifts if you already know what you're getting." I sat down on a chair, opposite her. 

"You ready to go?" I asked and tilted my head a little to the side. 

"Yeah." She smiled and nodded. 

I stood up and helped her off her bed. 

"Is there any specific place you want to go to?" I asked while leading her out of the room. 

She shook her head, then looked up at me. 

"I haven't been out of this building for 3 years ago." She smiled. 

God, her smile. 

"Let me take you to my favourite place then. I'm sure you'll love it." 

I softly spoke and looked up ahead. 

We passed a few doctors and patients. They all gave us a little weird look as if we were together. 

As a couple.

Once we got outside, I remembered that I needed to get something from my office. 

"You could go to the cafe. I'll be coming soon; I just need to get something from my office." I told Hana, and I received a nod from her. 

I quickly walked inside, and I saw Hana disappearing from the stairs, probably walking towards the Shibuya crossing. 

-A short chapter, but I'm slowly but surely working on the full story. As of now, I haven't yet reached episode 2 in the series, but I'm excited to write that part!