Chapter 2.

♠️♥️♣️♦️

Hana POV 

 I slowly walked towards the Shibuya crossing. There were so many people there. I felt anxiety slowly creeping into my body, and I suddenly felt small. 

I felt my heartbeat pick up, and it was getting warmed here. 

I was standing on one side of the crossing, waiting for the sign to go. 

Once it did, I slowly walked over the road. 

I saw 3 boys playing around and having fun. One was on a blonde's boy's shoulder, while another one was filming them. 

I watched the boys laugh. I hoped that I would find such happiness one day. 

Once I was over the road, I saw fireworks light up in the sky. 

It had been ages since I last saw them, and it was truly beautiful. 

The sight was so unforgettable, and I just stood there, watching the beautiful colours explode up in the sky. 

Once the fireworks stopped, it felt like everything around me had gotten silent. 

When I looked around, I saw no one. Absolutely no one. 

I felt panic slowly creeping up on me, and my breath became heavy. I had no idea what to do. I had no Chishiya here to help me either. 

I didn't know this city all too well either.

I looked around the now-empty city, trying to find some form of life, but I saw nothing. No one. 

I thought for a moment. And that moment turned into 10 minutes. 

I went and found a bench to sit on, and I thought more.

Those 10 minutes turned into an hour, and it was now starting to get late.

What was I going to do now? Sit here and do nothing? Starve? I had no idea. But I could start with going back to the hospital.

♠️♥️♣️♦️ 

Chishiya POV

I had to put it in my office to get what I needed. 

It was a small present for Hana. For her birthday. 

When I got out of the hospital again, I started half running towards the Shibuya cross. 

I saw Hana a little up ahead, but she had already crossed the street. She was looking at 3 boys, who seemed to have the time of their lives. 

When I got to the crossing, the cars were already driving over, meaning I'd have to wait. 

I put the small present I had for Hana in my pocket, and I kept my hands there too. 

I looked over at Hana who was on the other side of the road. She was looking up at the sky, making me also look up. 

I saw fireworks explode up there. All the different colours. 

But why now? It's not near New Year's at all, so why would people set off fireworks now?

The fireworks slowly stopped, and the city around me had gotten quiet. 

When I looked down, and around, I saw no one. 

I felt a slight panic rise in me. What had happened to the people? And most of all, what had happened to Hana?  

I looked around, trying to find any sign of life, but I saw no one. Nothing. 

It scared me a bit. 

I didn't mind being in this world alone. I didn't have any people to care for. I did have my patients. But if I did befriend them, they would just leave me with no contact once they left the hospital. 

I've never had any patients around my age. Only old or young people. Hana was different. 

I knew she was around my age, only some months younger than me. 

I cared for her. I genuinely felt bad for her. 

Her reason for being in the hospital is sad. It broke me when she first told me her full reason. I want to save her. I want to get her out of the hospital.

Hana was the one I was scared for. I wanted her to be safe.

-The chapters are really short, but I'm not tryna make them long either, so just work with this for now, hehe.