Chapter 6.

♠️♥️♣️♦️

Chishiya quickly finished doing what he was doing. I had eventually fallen asleep but was soon woken up by him washing his hands.

I looked towards him as he was standing there in the bathroom. I had a perfect view of the mirror that was hanging over the sink, and I observed his face through it.

I had been staring at his face for a bit before he looked up in the mirror, making eye contact with me through it.

We held eye contact for a long before I felt my cheeks flushing up and I looked away. I heard him chuckle as he slowly emerged from the small bathroom.

"Hana, I think you should sleep," he said calmly as he stood in front of me, looking down at me.
"I can take you to your room if you want." He gave me a small soft smile as I sat up. I didn't say anything, I only nodded.

Once he got my answer, he stepped even closer, slowly sliding his arms beneath my upper back and my legs, and then he slowly lifted me up bridal style.

I squealed a little once he lifted me and my arms went wrapped around his neck.
He let out a small chuckle as he slowly started to walk towards the door. When Chishiya first brought me to his room, I realized that his room wasn't that far away from mine, but people would 100% walk past us, and I didn't want to be seen with Chishiya like this. 

I mean it's my first day here, I might be hated by all the girls that are head over heels for him.

As Chishiya walked towards my room, I felt myself slowly getting a little too comfortable in his arms. I laid my head on his chest, and I heard his heartbeat. At first, it was calm, like I expected, but after some seconds, I heard his heartbeat pick up. I looked up at him with a confused look on my face, and I saw that his ears were slightly red.

Still confused, I decided to ask; "Why are you blushing, Chishiya...?"
My question seemed to get him off guard and now I saw his face turn red.

"N-nothing, don't worry about it, Hana." He said, and I just laid my head back on his chest, and I felt sleep slowly welcome me.

♠️♥️♣️♦️

Chishiya POV

After Hana laid her head on my chest again, I smiled. I knew no one was around at this time, so I could be myself, at least now that I had Hana here. Once I got to her room, I slowly opened the door with the hand that I had under her knees, and I slowly opened it.

The room smelled new. Like mine smelled when I first got it. I liked the smell. The smell of fresh bed sheets and a newly cleaned bathroom. I loved it.

I didn't waste time before placing Hana on the soft bed. I also managed to place the covers over her before I went to find some sticky notes that I hoped would be around.

I looked through some shelves and drawers before i found the thing I had been looking for. I also found a pen to write with, so that was fortunate.
I wrote her a small message, saying

"朝迎えに行きます。私が来た後、あなたが目を覚まさないことを祈りましょう" (I'm going to get you in the morning. Let's hope you don't wake up after I've come.)
I set the sticky note on the bedside table, and then I went to her bathroom to get a glass, which I filled with water, and I sat it on top of the note, then I left the room.

I saw Kuina leave the room beside Hana's. She looked at me weirdly before she spoke, "What are you doing in Hana's room?" She asked.

"I took her to her after I cleaned her wounds," I said took my hands in my pockets and walked past her.

"You do care about her, don't you." She spoke, making me stop and look at her. She had her hands on her hips, and she had a smirk on her face.

"She's, my patient. I'm supposed to care about her." I said, and Kuina's smirk got bigger. "But what we were in the past doesn't matter now, Chishiya. You can choose to cast her away, but no, you choose to take care of her, making sure she's alright." Kuina explained

"She has been through a lot; I just want to ensure she's okay," I said, getting annoyed now. "Okay, fine," Kuina muttered, then it got quiet between us.

I looked around awkwardly, and then I started to walk, but Kuina's voice stopped me.

"Chishiya. Why is she in the hospital, she seems fine." She asked.
Her words made me think back at what I was told when I became her doctor.

"She might look fine, except for her scars and the visible eye bags. But she isn't fine." I said, and then I started walking again.

I slowly made my way towards my room. When I reached it, I made my way in and closed the door. I had turned the lights off before I carried Hana back to her room, so I turned that on. And then, I just stood there.

I let my mind slowly drift off to Hana. I thought about all the morning checkups. The times she needed to take a vaccine and she held my hand for comfort

What do I feel for her? I don't know, but that doesn't matter in this world. There isn't any time for love here. I can't care more for her than I came for me, even if I want to take care of her.
Or... I could get her out of here and I can just... Give up.

-Yet another short chapter! I don't remember what I wrote on the chapter before this-