Moriarty Three

Louis smiles softly as he walks into the bakery.
The woman behind the counter laughs softly when she sees the blonde. "My lord you were just in yesterday. You couldn't have possibly eaten all those sweets yet."
A small laugh comes from the boy as well.
"I am not here about the pastries I bought."
A small blush paints his cheeks and he scratches his cheek gently.
"It is our turn to host the tea party."
"Ah yes I remember you saying so."
"I was wondering if you would like to come?"
"To help in the kitchen?"
"No um...as a guest. But if you really want you could help in the kitchen. Your sweets are delightful."
"I would love to. I can finally meet your brothers as well. It will be so much fun."

Come time for the tea party Louis is busy in the kitchen and (Y/n) waits for her replacement to come in so she could leave and get ready.
Unfortunately the employee comes in late so (Y/n) is late as well.
Since the woman isn't directed to the back right away she goes through the front door.
The style is simple but elegant, exactly how she imagined.
Finally she makes it to the kitchen and sees the hired help working tirelessly.

Louis feels a new presence in the room and turns to see (Y/n). "You're here. I thought you would be outside enjoying everything."
"I've only just arrived. I apologize for being tardy."
"It's no problem. I'm glad you've come."
"I couldn't pass up the opportunity to taste your sweets my lord. I am jealous your brothers get to enjoy your meals every day."
A small blush paints his cheeks and he looks away.
"Oh, would you like to try some pastries now?"
"Yes please."

So while he keeps an eye on the staff he gives a plate to the baker and a cup of tea.
After one bite she is enthralled.
"This is wonderful my lord. So sweet but not so much that it overpowers the flavor."
"I'm glad you like it. What about the others?" Louis gestures to the other items on her plate.
(Y/n) takes a bite of each and couldn't think of enough words to express how much she loved them all.
The man was thrilled to know the woman he admires her for baking is now complimenting his.
Sadly Louis realized he was getting distracted.

"Why don't you go out and enjoy the greenhouse and the grounds. I must focus on my work here in the kitchen."
"Are you sure it's ok if I am seen among the nobles?"
"You are beautifully dressed. I'm sure no one will say anything or notice."
(Y/n) smiles and blushes at the compliment. "Thank you my lord." She curtsies and walks outside.
Immediately William takes notice, being the closest and sees her come out.
Albert just so happens to look past his group of woman and sees the (h/c) walking toward the greenhouse.
Both brothers make eye contact but don't say anything.

(Y/n) walks into the greenhouse and right away she couldn't take her eyes off the beautiful flowers.
Fred walks over and smiles softly. "Your eyes lit up so pretty. Do you see your favorite miss?"
The woman looks at the boy then at the flowers. "I love them all. You did a great job."
"I'm glad you like them. I didn't see you earlier during lord Albert's speech."
"No, I only recently arrived."
"What caused you to be late?"
"The person who was supposed to take over for me at the bakery got in late. So in return I arrived late."
"Well you're here now m'lady. Wait...you're not a noble?"

(Y/n) frowns and looks away. "I am not. Lord Moriarty invited me."
"Lord Albert?"
"No, Louis. I was excited to meet Lord Albert and Lord William though. Unfortunately I see they will be preoccupied for the duration of this tea party. So I shall stay in my place and not engage. It is not my place to interrupt the nobility."
Fred frowns but nods in understanding. "You're welcome to stay in here or claim a seat with the food."

(Y/n) looks around the greenhouse for a while then goes outside. She grabs a plate and enjoys the other foods Louis and the staff prepared.
Her gaze travels around the estate, taking in the event.
Who would have thought a commoner like her could enjoy a party for nobility and no one has said a thing.
Then again being ignored is for the best, better than someone calling her out and embarrassing her.
William and Albert take notice of her once again. They both could tell she was no noble, not to mention they knew every guest and she's not on the list.
That is due to the fact Louis forgot to say anything because everyone was so busy preparing.

At the end of the party Louis walks outside, holding a brown paper bag to her.
(Y/n) smiles, standing and bows. "This was a lovely party my lord. The food was definitely the best part. You put my bakery to shame."
"I don't think I deserve such praise. You make a living selling your pastries."
"I thought I recognized you miss." William interrupts, walking over with Albert.
"Brother." Louis responds in shock.
"I wondered what a commoner was doing at the tea party. I had half a mind to ask Moran to bring you over." Albert comments, his usual smirk present.
"I thought it best to wait it out. I wouldn't want to embarrass you in front of the nobility."

William stands next to his brother and smiles softly. He kisses the back of her hand. "You are the baker girl Louis speaks so highly of. Everything we've purchased from your shop has been exquisite."
(Y/n) blushes and watches while Albert kisses her knuckles as well.
"My brother is right. I was tempted to stop by the shop on my way home." The brunette chuckles quietly.
The baker puts her hands on her cheeks. "My lord you are far too generous. You shouldn't praise a-"
"Don't be ridiculous. Credit must be given where credit is due. You are talented and should be praised for it." William cuts her off.

Louis smiles and rubs the back of his neck.
Albert and William take notice of their brother's behavior.
"Maybe we should have her come over for breakfast tomorrow." Albert offers then looks at William.
"You are off tomorrow, are you not?" The said blonde inquires looking at the woman.
"I am but-"
"Then it's settled. Breakfast is usually around 6 but seeing as how we'll be in Durham she could spend the night."
It's Albert's turn to cut her off.
Louis and (Y/n) blush deeply at the thought.

"You don't have a problem do you?" William asks sadly. "We wouldn't want to force you or anything."
"It isn't that my lord. It's just that..."
"If you're worried about your status you don't have to be. Not with us." Louis assures and smiles softly.
The (h/c) looks at the boy with glasses.
Her smile returns at the reassurance.
"Ok." She whispers softly.
"Perfect. We will ride out on the last train tonight and we'll get you settled in the guest room." William puts his hands together and gives a closed eye smile.
(Y/n) looks around at the men and smiles softly.