The Bride's Family

Lush trees surrounded a cobbled road. purposely kept here, these large plants served to improve the appearance one would see through the carriage window. All in an effort to, at least in a small part, remove the strain of monotony whenever the landowners traveled.

But it is not surprising that the surroundings of the Lagunican Capital were arranged like that. This large city, whose population is 300.000, is supposed to represent the power and prestige of this mighty country.

Whenever a foreign diplomat would travel to meet the kingdom's ruler, they would have to travel through here. So, in order to keep their prestige, and satisfy their endless vanity, Lagunican governments always made sure that all roads directly leading to this city were as picturesque as they could.

But the carriage traveler didn't care about the appearance, for he has already seen it. He has seen it dozens of times this three months and will see it only the divine dragon knows how many times more. Yet he wasn't concerned by that, he had other things to care about. More likely other thing to care about. Another one to care about.

Yes, for the greatest of knights only one thing was on his mind. To find his lady. To find Anastasia Hoshin.

That is why he is going to the capital now. He is returning from a failed attempt to find her. Ultimately, the information given to him by the merchants wasn't as foolproof as he and the council thought they were. Well, so much for the highest probability locations.

Julius made some agreements with the council in order to set up all of this. The negotiations weren't the easiest ones, but ultimately he succeeded in getting what he wanted. Some sacrifices had to be made, so things had to be discarded. But, in the end, Julius regrets nothing.

But, his failure to find Anastasia yet again, is causing him great distress. He feels like a fool, an incompetent moron. However, such thoughts had no place in here. Soon enough, they will have their place. but now, that is not the case.

The carriage carrying the greatest of knights entered the city proper. There were some minor delays at the city's gates. But, upon realizing who the traveler was, the carriage was allowed to proceed unimpeded.

Continuing its course, the grand dragons led the travelers directly into the noble's district. The road quality improved greatly the moment that passed the semi lawful, border of the district. But, once again Julius didn't care. He remained indifferent, until his eyes noticed his destination.

It was Anastasia's old mansion in the capital. Now, this structure legally belongs to the Juukulius family, just like everything else that belonged to Anastasia. Such an injustice hurt the greatest of knights, and he will see to it being made right once again. But, that will only happen when Anastasia is found. The fluffy merchant's finding is something that eludes him still.

As he exited the carriage he could see a familiar face waiting for him. One decorated with a really sharp teeth.

" You're back Julius. Didn't even notice you were gone." While the words appear to be light-hearted, and Ricardo intended for them to be taken like that, it was clear that such joviality was merely a facade.

" I've been gone for almost half a month." Julius chuckled a bit as he played along. " But, I suppose it was too much to expect you to understand the value of time."

" Oh... You wound me, Julius"

But, forced banter wasn't on anybody's menu today. So the men quickly got back on track.

" So. Nothing happened." The words were quiet as they left Ricardo's mouth. It is clear that he already knew the answer. But, there is still a small part of him, a small part that hopes that he is wrong.