The Extended Family

Julius, as perfect as he was strode calmly through the capital's streets. It was a nice walk, many even enjoyed such an activity. Of course, they do. He was currently in the noble's district, where muggings and other violent crimes are a rarity. While Julius as well found this activity to be pleasurable in general, at the moment that wasn't the case.

The reason was simple: he found all of this unnecessary, just a waste of time. He had better things to do, and other places to be. But, to his dislike, Marcos refused to receive reports via the communication mirrors. He demanded they be given in person, and unfortunately, Julius can't deny him that.

Well, he can rush now. If he is forced to do this he might as well make it quick. There is nothing important happening anyway, just a simple report.

Soon he was in front of the castle, the guards present showed him the respect his station garnered, and he in return simply and courteously greeted before continuing with his way. That was until he reached a rather well-decorated door, even when compared to the rest of this opulent building.

He entered it and was met by a calm voice,

" Sir Julius, you have returned." A young maid, serving as a secretary to the knight's captain greeted him. She was a pretty woman, albeit of low birth. Honestly, Julius was never entirely sure why Marcos kept her around. Perhaps he felt bad for her, maybe he wanted to give her an opportunity to prove herself, or perhaps he just needed a secretary.

" Indeed madam Mary. Could you please introduce me to him?" Simply yet politely Julius answered.

" Of course, sir Julius. " She curtsied before proceeding to enter the larger room. She remained there for a few seconds before returning with a slightly worried expression. " You may enter. Although, I'd advise you to be on your best behavior."

" How so?" With a raised eyebrow as a show of his curiosity, Julius asked.

" I don't know. He seems to be on edge, at least more than usual." With an unsure voice, the young maid defended her advice.

" Thank you then... I will be on my way." He slightly bowed, and without further distraction continued with his intentions.

He was presented with a large office, fitting of the dragon knight. Spacious and well-decorated, it showed the might of the one who commands the knights of the kingdom. In the past, Julius was greatly interested in the various swords that decorated the room's walls, but now it is different. Now he is only concerned for the man in front of him. The man who stoically, like always, looked at him.

Marcos waited to be greeted, as one superior could expect. Just like with the swords, Julius would in the past not waste a beat and perform as expected of a knight. But, that is in the past, and now is now, so he took his time before finally relenting.

" I am back, sir Marcos." with a voice devoid of emotion, Julius finally greets his superior.

" I see Julius. Am I right to conclude that you bring no good news?" Stoically the large knight commented.

" Indeed you are correct." Feeling no need to speak further, or more accurately not wanting to speak too much Julius bit his tongue.

" That is quite unfortunate." Marcos's words were as plain as always, but Julius was able to notice something. He didn't know what but something was off, almost like Marcos was hiding an amusement of some sort.

" Truly. You know, one would expect better intelligence, considering the number of resources our camp invested in this endeavor." Due to the perceived foolishness coming from Marcos, Julius said what he had previously kept for himself. " The esteemed sages surely appreciate the polite gestures our camp humbly granted them." Albeit polite, at very least as much as possible, Julius let his dissatisfaction show.