Chapter 6 - The Test

Peter Parker woke up with the worst bedhead in his entire life, hungry as a beast, and so tired that he couldn't pry his eyes open. That was the first time he woke up because the moment he wandered into the kitchen, May sent him back to bed and said he had until 4th period to sleep. 

He really needed that extra hour. The second time he woke up, he felt so much better, though his hair turned into a frizzy mop, and his stomach threatened to eat through his organs. Peter stretched his limbs like a cat before swinging his legs over the side of his bed. He dropped to check on the shoebox under his bed where he stashed his 'suit'. There was a piece of paper haphazardly thrown over the top, which connected with a thin web to a tiny nail pointing to his desk. Untouched and unmoved.

The teen grinned and stalked to the kitchen, his brown eyes twinkling when he saw the plate on the counter—covered by another plate on top so the roaches couldn't steal his food. He unveiled his breakfast quickly and scarfed down eggs and bacon. Peter pouted, hearing his stomach rumble loudly in protest as he placed one plate in the sink.

"I know I know. Let's see what the fridge has," he whispered to himself. The teen spent the next few minutes contemplating his options and glancing at the clock, drumming his fingers against the fridge handle. "Homemade mac n' cheese sounds so good right about now."

Calculating exactly how much time he had to become Google's sous chef, Peter brought out a recipe and got to work. He decided to make three servings of the delicious cheesy goodness, two for him and one for Aunt May—as an apology for using all her cheese. It was surprisingly easy to make, which Peter happily noted to himself. Everyone at school told him cooking was hard—what could possibly be so hard about melting cheese and adding it to pasta? 

He took out two glass containers and filled them up, then poured the rest onto his spare plate for himself. Peter stashed one in the fridge for May as he scarfed down his portion, finally satisfied with the amount he consumed. He didn't feel full, but he wasn't hungry anymore. And it was time to go.

Peter tossed on a random red shirt and slid himself into some baggy jeans. He hummed Glitter and Gold under his breath as he GENTLY tossed his bag on his back. The teen grinned—he was really getting the hang of this super-strength stuff. No more broken buttons! Peter stuffed his spare food in his backpack and left with a piece of buttered breath in his mouth, locking the apartment behind him. 

The teen checked his phone, texting Ned.

LeGoMaN

Peter you good?

Peter.

Peter respond.

Did you pass out outside? 

I swear Peter if I have to tell May your last words were that you wouldn't leave me I"ll cry.

That's it. I'm crying in class. Sobbing. Shitting. Vomiting. Rolling on the floor. 

Me 

Sorry, Ned. May let me sleep in. I'm on my way to school.

LeGoMaN

Holy shit Peter you gave me a heart attack.

I'm not letting you make my new lego deathstar that's official >:(

Me

NOOOOOOOOO NED PLEASE

LeGoMaN