Chapter 6: The First Bishop

The lack of warmth caused you to wake up, the morning sun is slowly rising, and you find out the reason you were cold is because the Followers are already up doing some chores, you get up from your sleeping bag and starch, when was it the last time you slept so well? You could not say. You follow what the Followers are doing and start a few chores yourself, harvesting the berries from the farm, planting seeds, watering the farm, feeding the Cult, and enjoying some morning talk with the Followers.

While helping with a particularly large boulder you see that Lambert came back, but the sight makes you worried, he wore an uneasy expression, and you run to him "Lambert, what's wrong?" he ignores you and walks past as if you did not exist, he was on his way to the temple, it was time for a Sermon, catching up you follow his pace, he gives you a signal to ring the bell. The now six Followers eagerly come in, you look over to Lambert who now has an enthusiastic smile, "Brother?" you say barely in a whisper.

"My children, seeing this Cult grow and flourish brings me great joy, and I know it will only continue to do so, at a much faster rate fairly soon, as for tomorrow, I will be bringing down the Bishop Leshy and unbind a chain holding The One Who Waits!"

The Followers could not be any happier at the news, but you could now bring forth such joy just yet, you felt that it was so soon, was Lambert really ready for such a task?

"To celebrate such a momentous occasion, I hear by commence our first ritual, the bonfire ritual, let us dance around the fire!"

In haste the Followers built a wooden structure and set it up in flames, some danced beautifully while others had two left feet, you managed to get Lambert's attention, "we need to talk when this is done" your voice was stern, it helped get the point across that you has a worry.

Soon the fire died out and the Followers left the temple while Fey and Almer, still high on the fun, danced out together.

Just as you suspected, Ratau showed up, "Indoctrination Followers is well and good, but there is so much more you Can take from them. Give them gifts and perform blessings for them and you will increase their Loyalty to you. Once they are totally loyal to you, they will give you everything they own. The more loyal Followers you have, the stronger you'll become. I have much to teach you, but I am old and grow weary. Visit me at my home and I will show you how to harness the true POWER of the Red Crown!" Ratau then looked to you "And you can visit whenever you wish, I can even show you how to play knucklebones!"

Before he could leave you gave Ratau a warm hug, you started to grow sentimental to the rat, "Thank you, you crazy, old man, I'll take you up on that offer" he returned the sweet offering.

"Then I hope to see you soon" and just like many times before, he is gone, but this time you know it's to his own home. The mood suddenly got tense, as it was just you and Lambert, he looked at you, waiting for you to start.

"Brother...are you sure about this? Don't you think taking on Bishop Leshy is too soon? Do you really think you're ready?" He put his hands on your shoulders for two reasons: to calm you from your worry and to keep himself steady from his nerves.

"(Y/N), it's not a matter if I am ready or not, it's the fact that I need to do this" he is just as anxious as you are, and he gently puts his forehead on yours "I will win, I will kill him" some anger started to show in his voice. If it were not for the Bishops, there would still be more of your kind, if it was not for the Bishops, you would still have a full family, you understand where his rage is coming from, you would have said it exactly the same way.

Lambert had a quick look around the Cult, admiring how well it was turning out, appreciating all of the hard work everyone was putting in, the Followers bid him good luck on his fight with Bishop Leshy, you could only pick at your finger as you watched him go.

A full day had passed when Lambert went to fight Leshy and some of the Followers began to grow concerned for their leader, the transport podium began to glow red, and everyone ran and circled the podium waiting anxiously, that is when Lambert appeared, he was slightly beat up, he reached into his fleece and pulled out a beating thorned heart, the Followers cheered at the grotesque trophy thought you could not help but cover your mouth from the vomit that was coming up from the sight, the Followers returned to continue their work while you stayed behind.

"I'm glad to see you back" You gave him a firm pat on the back.

"OW! Glad to be back"