Part 13

<Mattheos POV>

I don't know how I ended up here. When I came here to talk to her about her arms, I didn't expect to end up holding her in my arms. I never expected myself to hug anyone. Especially not if I basically don't know this person at all. But for Rubi it was very easy. I couldn't just leave her like that, so broken. I just went over to her and hugged her. Just like that. Now she's sobbing into my shirt. My head rests on her hairline. And I say over and over again: "It's okey" 
I don't know how long we stand there, arm in arm. Rubi stops crying at one point. I break away from her, but still hold on to her shoulders. "Better?" I ask. She nod. Rubi clears her throat. "Thank you" I smile. We fall into silence. "I think I should go" I say then. Rubi nods. As I am halfway out the door, she holds me one time back. "Mattheo?" I turn around so I can see her. "Please don't tell anyone." I open my mouth to tell her that it would be better but all that comes out is a “I promise.” And then I go out of her dorm. As I go into mine, I see Theo sitting on my bed reading my diary. I roll my eyes. "What do you want? Again the homework?" I ask and fold my arms.  He don't looks up from the book. "No." he says drawn out. He turns to the next page. I go to him and snatch the book out of his hands. "Hey!" Now he looks at me annoyed. "It was just really exciting!" "Theo, this is my diary book." I say. "I know." he stands up "I just wantet to look if I am right about it." "About what?" I ask irritated. "About Rubi." Oh fuck... 
"What is with her?" I ask and lay my diary book on the nightstand next to my bed. "I don't know, maybe you want tell me?" I raise one eyebrow. "I don't know what you're talking about." I say even though I know it for sure. Theo knows me better than anyone else, probably even better than my brother. Theo knows more about me than I do myself, which isn't always a good thing if I'm honest. He grins. "No? Okay then I'll help you a little. I've noticed that you don't argue with her as much anymore. And I've caught you a few times looking at her when she's studying or doing your assignments in poisons or when she just exists. And yesterday, as you carried her up, you looked at her with these eyes that have hearts in it." Theo grins. "Do you know now what I mean?"
"Fuck you Theo." "Yep, you know what I am talking about." he grins. Urgh, I hate him. "I know that I am fucked, you don't have to show me that" For some seconds it is silent, then my best friend begins  to laugh. "What's so funny?" I ask. "Nothing I just can't realice that Mattheo Riddle is in love. And then also with a Black." I roll my eyes. "I am not in love with her, okey?  She is just so..." I try to find the right words, but I can't find them. "You know?" I conclude. "Beautiful, pretty, kind, lovely, helpful, sweet?" I hate my best friend at this moment, also because he annoys me, but mostly because he's right, because Rubi is all of those things. I just say "Fuck you." He laughs, but quickly becomes serious again. "No but seriously, you like her?" "I don't know, maybe, maybe not. And if I like her, she would never agree to be with me. I mean, just remember who I am." I tell him. Theo thinks. "Yeah, maybe, but don't forget that she also hangs out with me and Tom and Draco and the others. It is not like we are better than you. In things with parents we are all fucked up. So I don't think that this would be a problem." Yeah maybe he is right... "Anyways can I have your DADA  homework?" he asks. I roll my eyes. Then I go to my desk where my homework for defence against the dark arts lays. I take it and throw it to Theo. He catches it easly. Of course, after all he is a chaser in quidditch. "Thanks" he says and goes out of my dorm. I take out a book of my bookshelf, sit down on my bed and begin to read.

<Rubinas POV>

When I woke up today, I don't expected Mattheo in my room. And I also don't expected that I would stand infront the Griffindor Common Room, waiting for Someone to come out so I can go in. There is an invisibility spell on me, because as a slitherin I am not allowd to go into the Griffindor Common Room. I don't even know what I want to say to them. Suddenly the Painting of the Fat Lady opens, Neville comes out from behind her. I get in. The Griffindore Commonroom is completly in red decorated, which makes sence. I mean this are the house colors. I look around, intending to find someone I know. And when I look at the couches, I see Harry, Hermione and Ron sitting there. I go to them. "Do you really think that she is on Voldemorts side?" Harry asks. "Harry, Rubi is mean now. Why should she shy away from that?" Hermine says. Why the hell do they talk about me? "Because she is Rubi, Rubi is not stupid. Only her friends are. Everything would have been fine and we could have continued to be friends with her if she hadn't become friends with those assholes."
"Sorry what?!" comes out of my mouth. Fuck, I completely forgot that I'm invisible. All three look in my direction. "What the fuck? Rubi?!" Hermine says. "Oh, am I disturbing you?" "What? Where are you?!" Ron asks now. I look around to see if there is another griffindore but there isn't, so I'm temporarily lifting the spell. They stare at me. "Hey, I thought I'd visit you." I say. "What the hell are you doing here?" Ron asks. "Oh, I wanted to get Harry and give him to Voldemort. Stupid thing to do I think." I say. "What?!" Harry means now. "That was a joke." I explain to them. Nobody says a thing, so I'll take care of it. "How did you get Toms, Mattheos and Pansys hair?" "Really, that's what you're asking?" Harry asks. "Oh, what do you think I should say?" "I don't know maybe an apologies?" I need to laugh. "Why should I apologies to you?" I say then. "Maybe because you locked us up?" "as if you don't have to apologize to me either, you helped Sirius tor..." Harry interrupts me. "Keep Sirius out of this!" "Sirius is the only reason I'm in it, so why should I?" Suddenly I hear footsteps. Immediately I am invisible again. Fuck them. A few seconds later, 3 girls come down. But I'm already on my way out. Urgh, they could just apologize and it would all be over, but they don't.  Because they always think they are doing everything right.