Chapter 4: Ball

The kingdom was in a joyous moment and every girl was getting ready for the grand ball. The two princes were ready to pick their bride and they chose not to marry a princess, something about princess being too clingy.
     "Mama, mama!" Elizabeth hurriedly ran in the house. "What, now you have disturbed by tea time" miss Grimley complained. "Mama, just look at this, the king is inviting all the maidens in the kingdom to the royal ball to pick his wife" Elizabeth explained the letter excitedly, but the look in her mother's eyes was that of disappointment which lessened Lizzy's hopes. "Mama, what happened, why are you crying" Lizzy held her mother's hands. "You know sweetie, all I want is for you to be happy but you can't go to this ball dear. I-it's too dangerous and you can't risk it. And I'm not sure I can guarantee you keeping your head von your shoulders. It's just-" "it's okay mama, I get it" Lizzy cut her off "I just go boil the water" she said as she made her way out of the room. 'I'm so sorry dear, I wish the best for you. I swear, I do but it's just complicated' Miss Grimley convinced herself. She picked up the letter and read it and a look of horror crossed her face reading the last sentence 'All maidens Must be present, failure would result to dire consequences'
____________________________
     Mrs Grimley gently knocked on the walls of Elizabeth's room "Can I come in?" She asked. "What are you doing mother, you're always welcome" Elizabeth pleaded. She noticed a gown miss Grimley held in her hands. "This is your gown for the ball, go on and get ready" miss Grimley said. "Oh mama!, thank you so much!! Wait, but what about my appearance" Elizabeth tied her hopes down. Miss Grimley smiled gently at her "You'll think about that later, just focus on looking your best. You know there are going to be a lot of rich folks there, right so go on and outshine them my little princess"Miss Grimley said with a sad smile but it went unnoticed as Elizabeth was too excited 'Oh Lord, please look over my dear Lizzy for me' Old miss Grimley thought.
_______________________________
      Miss Grimley and Elizabeth were both in a carriage. Elizabeth looked outside and finally caught a view of how the outside world looked like. Miss Grimley felt guilty being the cause of all the hardship Elizabeth had faced. Suddenly the carriage stopped. It had finally arrived at its destination - The Grand castle.

  Big News! Check out my other story Hidden Lies.