CHAPTER 2

Sirinette : Piero Piccioni
Khelia Rodriguez. | New York.

"Bring her in." A deep accented voice is heard on the intercom. "Right this way ma'am." A lady no more than 30, fair skin and neatly kept blonde hair leads me down a hall on the 12th floor of the building, the place was impressive. A monotone palette with a sleek design oak flooring and various pieces on art on the wall, as we walk down the hall i start to sense the atmosphere shifting the closer we got to his part of the building's.

The hall was, eerie.

The further we walked down the deeper we got, finally at the end of it was two huge oak double doors with a keypad to the left, what brought me back to reality was the sudden stop of the clicking of the lady's heels, she put in a code and bent down to the level of the keypad.

"Mr. Ricci we're here." The lady said respectfully as me and my assistant wait to enter his office. "You may come in." he said, I wasn't very fond of Luciano Ricci and neither was he fond of me. We've always had our differences and disagreements along the years which made us distance ourselves from each other.

"Please feel free to ask for any beverage or food! we'll always be happy to attend to any of your needs." She said with a bright smile. is she a robot?

I nod slowly and enter the room with a quiet thank you to the lady who held the door open for me, i squint to read her badge. "Hm, Eleanor" I read silently in my head i was then interrupted by a voice, an irritating one might i add.

"Ms. Rodriguez how lovely to finally see you again." Luciano says insincerely standing up from him desk and walking towards us, we make our way to his desk and he shakes my hand tightly but masked it as respect. He shook my assistants hand and we all made took a seat and prepared to discuss the topic of our meeting.

"So what brings you to my office." He asked bluntly, he seemed uninterested and as if the meeting was a waste of his time, he wasn't one to hide his emotions for anyone no matter who it was, I clear my throat to speak.

"Well I'm glad to see you to Mr.Ricci." I say with a bright smile. Of course i'm lying.

"I'm here well, we're here." I say signalling at my assistant. "To discuss the deal you proposed around last month should i say? feel free to correct me i pay no mind." I said smiling sheepishly , i couldn't care less for what he has to say.

"You mentioned that this deal would not only benefit you but me also in terms of our businesses and statuses, i came here, in person, to say that i agree to whatever you may be proposing regarding our careers. I really do think us working together will help us put our differences aside and finally work on peace." I say confidently.

He scoffed leaning back in his chair, he sighed. "Is that seriously what you came to discuss with me in my office Ms.Rodriguez?" He said cockily. "Well i deeply appreciate you accepting this deal my grace but i must admit this was a waste of my time, my assistant will be in touch with yours i'm sure there's no problem with that yes?"

He said smiling but with sarcasm dripping off of every word he said. "Anything you want to say that you could've just emailed?" He said clasping his hands together, he enjoyed annoying her since he knew they weren't fond of each other and she was easy to piss off.

"Well i couldn't have emailed you if you blocked me on everything-"

"Great, lovely chat!" He cut me off, he knew exactly how to piss me off every single time we met. "I'll have Eleanor see you out, thank you for wasting my time have a goodnight."

He said standing up gathering his work belongings, he pressed a button on his landline. "Eleanor escort them out." No longer than 1 minute and she was already at the door, waiting to escort us out.

And again here we were walking down the same hall, passing the same statues and paintings. We make it to the elevator and silently go down to the first floor, that entire interaction had me heated. he was such a bitch.

Finally we made it out to the front of the building as Eleanor saw us off. "Thank you so much for your time here at our company we wish to see you again, if you have any further enquiries please make sure to call in or email us on our website have a great night!" She smiled brightly and bowed, for some reason she made me mad.

I scoffed as my assistant opened the limo door and we were off heading back to my headquarters.

You'll never see me near that dickhead again.