CHAPTER 3

Mexican Dream : Piero Piccioni
Weeks later...

Luciano Ricci | Venice, Italia.
9pm.

As the weeks went by nothing much has changed, i sealed the deal with Ms.Rodriguez and we started a joint campaign, working with her wasn't as bad as i thought. I wasn't going sit and lie to myself, as annoying and conceited as she was i couldn't doubt that she was attractive, very attractive.

My company has been multiplying by the day with stocks increasing and money flowing in, I began getting more recognised in the media as the days went by. Who knew being a ceo and don of my father's syndicate would lead to such an easy and smooth going life?

Even though juggling the two can be an issue at times, going to business meetings and press conferences during the day, killing rivals and transmitting drugs at night I could never complain. Being a billionaire is something i'd never trade for anything.

As i step out of the shower i get ready for tonight's even, an all business ball. Every person from every industry you could think of is going to be at that ball, everyone rich and influential of course. It's an annual thing where we all come together to celebrate where we're at in life and as expected she's going to be there.

Not complaining though.

I button up my dress shirt and i tie my dark blue tie that matches with my deep royal blue suit, i put on my watch and spray bits of cologne, fixing my hair to its most perfect position and finally putting on my leather shoes. I decided to go with my business partner both in the mafia and the corporate Antonio.

I grew up with Antonio ever since i was a little boy, his family were in the same economic class as us and we got along fairly well as our fathers were both close, unfortunately both his father was killed by an opposing mafia, and his mother committed suicide due to loosing everything and being left in debt by her husbands death.

The things he went through were unimaginable.

So, my father took him in at the age of 9 and since then i've always known him as my brother, he was always there for me and never mistreated nor betrayed me. Trust me I'll never say this about anyone but i trust Antonio with my life, blood doesn't always mean family.

"Lucian you ready?" I heard his voice from the other side of the door, "I'm coming out soon, get the limo ready Toni." I said as I made my way out the room and began walking down the mansion steps with Antonio ahead of me, My mother, father, and sister were waiting for us in the foyer.

"You look lovely mi figlio." My mom sweetly said to me, she was dressed up in a beautiful black dress with pearl necklaces and pearl earrings. "Thank you ma, you look beautiful." I bent down and kissed her on the cheek, even though I loved my father, I was always fond of my mother, i'm a proud mamas boy.

"Meh you don't look too bad." My dad said scoffing patting me on the back, that made me laugh. "I'm proud of you." He said proudly, I turned and smiled. "Thank you papa."

"Mr.Billionaire oh aren't i so special, everyone look at me! look at me! I'm so stupid!" My sister said referring to me in a taunting manner. "Why the hell don't i ever get any credit around here." Valentina said Grumpily crossing her arms. "Cause you do nothing to deserve it other than whine about how you missed a 40% of sale." I said smiling at her sarcastically.

"Anyway you look uh , Human." I said looking at her and she slapped me at the back of the head, quite hard actually.

Me, My mother and father, Antonio and My sister all made our way our to the limo waiting for us in-front of our house gate, we were all ready for tonight's event.

Even though we did this every single year.

the feeling never gets old.
———————————

Khelia Rodriguez | Venice, Italia.

Here i was, getting ready for the time of the year i hated the most, the annual ball. I've never been one to like social events even though that's what i practically do for a living but i hate the spotlight with millions of eyes constantly watching you, always expecting me to act a certain way or not to mess up anything, it was exhausting.

After i showered and did my skincare routine i sat at my vanity and began to do my makeup, something light nothing too extravagant, after i finished doing my makeup i straightened my natural curly hair and curled it using a curler.

I put on my essential jewellery my necklace, earrings, bracelet and ring. I could never go out without my jewellery, it all belonged to my late mother.

I put on my dress, it was designed especially for me, a black silk dress that hugged the right curves on my body, not too tight though, i had a slit on the left side of my leg and had a bare open chest, the dress was flattering in all the right ways. I put on black arm length gloves to finish off the dress along with my favourite, ysl heels, I felt like a princess.

"Are you ready dear?" Delilah said to me. She was my maid but also my mother, ever since i was a child i never had parents or experienced what it was like to have parents.

Delilah was hired as my nanny when my parents were still alive, she cared for me in my parents home after they both lost their lives in a plane crash, i was very young so i don't remember anything about them, all i was told was just that i look exactly like my mother but i have my fathers courage.

"Yes lilah, i'll be there in two minutes." i say loudly gathering my dress and began to walk out of the room. "My goodness!" Delilah gasped and game to give me a big hug, "you look amazing sweetheart, absolutely stunning." She said smiling softly at me. "Gosh i'm so proud of you sweetie." She said in awe.

"Thank you so much lilah i love you." I said sincerely and i bear hugged her back. "I love you more now shoo, get going or you'll be late!" She said hurrying me downstairs to my ride waiting for me. "Now have fun and be safe, don't do anything stupid." She warned me and gave me a quick kiss on the cheek as she hurried me out the door.

I carefully made my way to the limo as my assistant helped me fit into the car with my dress, she closed the door and mouthed me a "Good-luck." before patting the back of the car and the driver took off.

Lord help me tonight.