CHAPTER 4

Solitude : Billie Holiday
Khelia Rodriguez. | Venice, Italia.
10:47pm

I finally arrived at the venue, it was honestly beautiful, there were lighting shining all over the building showing its intricate design and architecture. As much as i hated coming to this place I would never downplay how gorgeous this place really is.

As the driver was finding a place to park i looked out the car window to my right. Many people were talking, laughing, taking pictures together as the paparazzi flashed their cameras in-front of the building, it made me feel like maybe i'm the miserable one.

I'm not.

The driver finally stopped the car and made his way to my side to open the door, the minute the door opened paparazzi swarmed the vehicle trying to get as many shots of me coming out the car. "Khelia over here!" one shouted in my direction, I looked up politely waved to everyone as i had my head down walking into the building.

I went up to reception and gave the receptionist my name. "Right this way madame." The young receptionist smiled at me as she showed me where the event would be held. I said a quick hello to other people i knew on the business industry, some i just seen yesterday and others i haven't met in years.

I finally made it to the large arched double doors before me, she opened the doors for me and a few others behind me. "Enjoy your evening madame." The receptionist politely smiled at me before she walked off into the crowded hallway. I slowly but surely made my way into the grande cream coloured ballroom, with a glistening diamond chandelier it was filled with people mingling and dancing to the music that was playing at a calm tone, it was much calmer compared to the other years i'd been here.

I wandered around the ballroom trying to find my designated table while also greeting those who recognised me, i was feeling a lot of emotions at once and needed to sit to collect my thoughts. There was no help or person to help me find my table, only butlers who were serving champagne and wine on a smooth silver tray and valet workers swarming the place to confirm who had given them the wrong key for their car.

"Ah there she is!" I heard from my left, it was one of my well known business associates Michael Castro. He had always had a thing for me and I acknowledged that but it had never been reciprocated, he never knew how to respect women and also seen anybody below him as non-human, he was really a walking nuisance.

"Oh hello Michael i didn't even recognise you!" I wished that i didn't .

"How have you been keeping! It's been so long since i've had time to talk to you buisness or non buisness related."
I said with a bright smile on my face as I greeted the other people around him.
"Well y'know, building a multi-billion dollar company isn't as easy as seems, I was hoping to speak about a recent project i'd like to launch with you, I'd love to catch up with you since I haven't spoke to you in quite some time and must I say you looking amazing in that dress it really brings out your figure-"

"Look Michael." I softly cut him off "I'd love to talk to you about your business and interests but i must find my table, i'll be in touch with you soon okay? Bye now." I said patting his arm with a sweet smile on my face, I quickly walked off into the crowd to make sure he wouldn't come following me.

A deep sigh escaped my mouth as I seemed to be loosing my way around this place, lightly pushing by people just to see any sign of my name on a table and finally get a break.
"What a pleasure it is to see you here." A deep accented raspy voice was heard from behind me, and i didn't like who it belonged to.

It was Luciano.