New Beginnings

*Soft music played from the ceiling speakers, waking Fantasia to the sight of the sunrise.*

"Ken..." Fantasia said, rubbing her eyes as she woke up. She could feel his arm wrapped around her and hear his breathing behind her.

"Ken!" she said, this time barely below a yell, waking him up with a jolt. "Yes? What is it? Something wrong?" he responded, removing his arm from around Fantasia to cover his own eyes from the sunlight's glare. 

"What time is it, babe? And could you please stop those damn speakers? I told you to stop doing this every morning," Fantasia asked as she uncovered herself and sat on the edge of the bed, and he did the same.

Fantasia hunched over and covered her eyes for a moment, waiting to hear what her husband would say. "6:54," he said, setting his phone down on the nightstand. "Baby, you good?" Ken asked, looking behind him to see Fantasia hunched over.

"Yeah, baby, everything's good. Just worried. We're getting some new hires at the firm, and I know I'm in for it today," she said, trying to seem cheerful so he wouldn't ask any more questions. "Well, maybe I could help you relax," he suggested as he slowly slid over to her bedside.

"No, no, no! We are not going to wake the kids up!" she said moving away from him as he ran his hand down her thigh, "I promise I won't be too loud, and you just have to keep your excitement to a low" he bit his lip as she smiled, she began leaning back onto the bed, she couldn't help but give in to his firm touch. "10 minutes?" he asked her as she nodded spreading her legs for him to get between them

~~~~At Taraji's~~~~

"No! You are not getting a job, what's so bad about focusing on your studies and then going to college!?" Taraji yelled at her son, he was trying to find ways to help out around the house be it money or cleaning up but Taraji didn't seem to like any idea he would throw out there.

 Five below, no, Home Depot, no, even getting a job at the police station wasn't an option to her.

"Mom, I'm not five, I'm 17 now, and about to graduate, early at that?! I can help you out, I can't just let you keep struggling to put in private school, get uniforms, food, clothes, hell even the $100 senior dues!" He said coming from the other side of the counter to look his mother in the eyes, but still, everything he had said went in one ear and out the other. 

"Jordan, I'm not letting you be out here in these streets, jobless or not. I brought you into this world and I damn will get you through it! Go to school, do your work, and come home, or go see that girl I keep telling you to leave alone" Taraji said patting her son on the face and shoving his lunch in hand, she smiled as he huffed and finally left for school. 

She was happy that her son was trying to do something other than sell drugs, She was happy he loved her, but she wasn't happy he knew that she was stressed and struggling to provide for him. She hated herself for not being able to give him more, but at least she was starting a new job, a better-paying job. One with benefits too.

She looked over at the wall clock and gasped it was 7:15 and she needed to be out of the house in less than 5 to get there early for her first day. She threw all her things in her purse and left her apartment, rushing down the stairs she waved and greeted all her neighbors, before reaching the parking lot. 

~~~~Kaplan & Bold Lawfirm~~~~ 

"Hi, I'm Taraji Henson, newly hired! Do you mind opening the gate for me?" She asked the desk clerk who smiled at her before buzzing her in, "Have a nice one" Say said as Taraji gave them a friendly wave before entering the elevator