Working On Us

TRIGGER WARNING, Miscarriage

"Fantasia I don't want to talk about this"

Nothing is wrong with me; I just am not feeling well." She said as she moved her hand over her stomach, It was a sharp pain that kept coming back every few minutes; sometimes it was dull, and others it felt like something was clawing inside of her. 

"Taraji, your skin is red and raw; you're hurting yourself. Tell me why, or I'm getting you put in a mental hospital, and they can find out why." Fantasia threatened as she pulled out her phone and began dialing a number. 

Taraji quickly lunged at the phone and took it from her. 

"Does this mean you're going to tell me?" Fantasia asked again. 

"Fine, um... How do I put this?" She began knowing that the last time she'd told Fantasia Kendall that he had done this to her, it was because he made her 

"The best way you know how I don't need it to be wrapped in a bow; I need the honest and ugly truth."

"Fantasia He raped me again, and I couldn't do anything about it! He was on top of me, and I couldn't stop him. It happened again! AND AGAIN, I COULDN'T DO ANYTHING! I can still feel him on top of me, and no, now it's inside of me." She cried as Fantasia just listened.

"Taraji... It's not your fault, and I don't know why you would ever blame yourself for not being able to stop something you didn't want to happen to you; what he did was wrong, so stop blaming yourself!" She said as Taraji tried to wipe the tears out of her eyes and avoid looking at fantasies in her eyes.

"Why are you trying to hide your face? There's nothing wrong with saying that! You need to feel these emotions; you need to know that you can communicate with any of us, especially when we all get together. We are the only people who know what happened; we are the only people who know what Ken did; and we are the only people who know what happened to him. So stop trying to pretend like it didn't happen, and magically everything will go away."

Taraji seemed to smile a little, but it was quickly wiped from her face as she doubled over in pain. 

"Taraji, are you pregnant?" Fantasia asked outright as Taraji sat up again. 

"If I say yes, I have to accept that it happened; if I say no, I don't know if I'd be telling the truth or lying to you," Taraji said as Fantasia quickly realized what she was saying. 

"Taraji, do you want to keep the baby?"

"I don't know if there even is a baby."

"Wha-"

"I threw up blood, my stomach hurts, and all I dream about is giving birth to a baby I never get to see because he takes it from me and kills it! I keep hearing him say I killed it, that I am the problem, and that he did what he did because I refused to listen! If the baby's dead, it's because of me." Taraji said as Fantasia tried to cut her off, but she just kept going. 

"STOP! Taraji, you're believing this stuff; you're making yourself feel worse; you don't believe that any of this is your fault." Fantasia asked, but Taraji never answered. 

"Did you take a pregnancy test?"

"yes"

"And what did it say?"