Church Bells

The elevator doors opened, and her heart felt like it would drop from her chest as she saw the office already filled with everyone doing their own thing. None of them looked up from what they were doing until she stepped from the elevator, and someone noticed both Taraji and Fantasia coming in. The place went silent like they'd seen a ghost, but it quickly changed to whispers and stares.

*Oh, I know they fucking*

*How good do you think she got it?*

*She must have been waiting on her husband to get got* 

*she getting that bag*

*You think she killed him or what* Someone asked someone else, making Taraji's heart skip a beat. She knew she hadn't killed Kendall, but she knew who had. It scared her a little to know someone might ask. 

She could hear everything everyone was saying; they weren't exactly trying to be discreet. The looks weren't as intense as Taraji expected. She walked quickly to her desk and put her bag down. She was in her own little space and was out of view of everyone, until she saw both Danielle and Ivan's faces peeking over the top of the walls. 

"Morning, Miss Henson." The both of them said, cheesing ear to ear, as they rolled two chairs into her cubicle and sat down behind her. She turned her chair to face them, hoping they weren't about to ask for her whole story.

"It's good to see you're back in good health!" Ivan basically squealed. 

"Thank you, but sadly, I can't entertain you and Danielle today; I have to get caught up with everything." Taraji shrugged her shoulders, hoping they wouldn't still push for her to tell her secrets. 

They both gave each other a look before bursting into laughter. The pile of papers and folders that were sitting on her desk were grabbed up by Danielle and thrown into her trash can, to Taraji's surprise. 

She looked at him like he just slapped her in the face; she didn't know what to say. 

"Um, I needed those?!" She said she was about to grab them from the can, but Ivan reached out to stop her. 

"Close your mouth; you don't need to be worrying about them; they're old. Just extra copies we decided to spook you with," Ivan explained as Taraji rolled her eyes at the two of them. 

"Well, then what am I supposed to be doing? I barely got a week on the job before." She stopped herself. 

"Nothing; remember, you're one of the attorneys for the company now; you're not a filer anymore, well, at least from the last time you were here? But nonetheless, you have a meeting you need to attend soon, as in soon, I mean a good hour, so we are going to catch up." Ivan said as he got up and went out of the cubicle, grabbing a bag from outside and bringing it back in. 

"We brought a cake to celebrate you and Miss Barrino finally getting together; everyone in the office knows, and everyone in the office expected it. *also bet on it* And we brought some drinks so we can talk about all that drama," Danielle explained as Ivan showed Taraji the cake that had written on it, *Ill take yo bitch nigga* with a small photo of Kendall in full uniform crossed out and Taraji's resume photo beside it. 

Taraji covered her mouth, shocked but finding it so funny. She couldn't say anything other than wow, or she'd burst into laughter.

"It was Danielle's idea; I didn't get the cake made that would get me canceled." Ivan made sure to make it clear, and Taraji thanked them and wiped the tears from her eyes.

"I don't know what to say..."Taraji said honestly as she looked atthe photo and looked closer at it before she took her phone out and took a photo.

"So now, let's sip on this champagne and get the story going before you have to go to that meeting."