Luck isn't Gine's friend

The poor little Kakarot received an earful when Gohan took him back home, with one look Gine knew something happened. Call that maternal instinct she just did, and when she learned that Kakarot almost died by falling in a cliff if it wasn't for the Jaco guy just because he hadn't listened?

Needless to say that Kakarot’s poor little butt was red after Gine finished with him.

After that event nothing happened for two days. Kakarot recovered from his scolding and started to listen a bit better, although he’s still a handful compared to other children Gohan saw when he hung out in the city. Maybe it's because he's an alien and all their kids are just more aggressive? Thankfully Gine is here to take care of him too… He didn't know if he could have done it by himself.

Gohan also showed Gine his fancy orange ball he found. He said it had a particular property but he unfortunately didn't remember it, he just knew it was of great importance.

For now Gohan was halfway finished in the upgrade operation for the house, maybe three or four days should be enough.

He took some breaths and sat down beside his ladder. The Sun was just starting to go down on the horizon, he will have to stop soon.

“Hello Gohan, still on it? Are you sure you don't want me to help?” Gine asked while she was carrying Kakarot in her arms, the little one dozing off. “No I'm fine, I don't have much to do in here and it has been some time I had to do something manual and I'm enjoying it.” Gohan said with a gentle smile as he removed some sweets from his forehead and put his hammer down beside his ladder.

“Erm, if you say so then” Gine said and she was about to go back to the house until she thought about something. “I meant to ask, why are you in such a secluded place from civilization? I did a little tour yesterday and there doesn't seem to be anything but bamboo and waterfalls, not that I don't find this relaxing but… you seem to live here for a long time”.

“I see what you mean,” Gohan said, scratching his chin in thought as he leaned against a wall from the house. “As you see I am quite old already so I don't mind such a peaceful environment! And I indeed chose to live here on my own volition because I am not a city type of elderly, just like my close friend by the way who chose a small island to retire on and who proposed that I live with him but I refused. I much prefer it here than in the middle of the ocean…”.

“Oh alright my bad” Gine said with a small smile “Also excuse me in advance if its a bad question but, are you able to sense our ki? You seemed pretty on guard when I woke up, not that I blame you, if I was in your place and some other species similar yet different was in my home, I would be pretty on edge too, but if I remember your reaction correctly, you had this knowing look in your eyes like you knew how strong I am, did I presume well?”.

Gohan smiled and nodded “Indeed I can sense ki yes, which is why I was pretty on edge when you woke up because while I didn’t felt any ill intention, you dear Gine have a quantity of ki that far surpassed anything that I ever sensed so while I was pretty certain you weren't a threat, I wasn't so sure about how you would react per your awakening. Thankfully though everything went well so do not worry about it.” Gohan paused “Why did you ask?”.

“W-well… Would you mind if you could teach me how to sense ki? Um, just to be clear I know how to use ki, I just do not know how to sense others or even myself. It would greatly help if my son gets lost and that I have to find him or if I need to teach him later, erm you can totally refuse tho! I am aware that you are already kind enough to shelter us so if you-” “Nonsense!” Gohan cut off Gine's rant “I would gladly help you, it is not a problem! You aren't annoying me if that’s what you're scared of”.