Chapter 3

*Sarvin's POV (the next day)*

     When I wake up, I realize I am in my room, and not on the couch in the living room where I fell asleep. Ruv must have carried me. That was very kind of her. I should probably go thank her.

     Once I get dressed and comb my hair, I go to the kitchen to get breakfast ready.

     It's around 5am (earlier than I normally get up), and Ruvina normally doesn't get up until 6. Strangely, today she is already awake. She made breakfast, too (which she rarely ever does).

     "Good morning, Ruv!", I say. "I see you're up early."

     "I thought I'd join you while you serve mass today.", she says.

     Ruvina doesn't like to pray (finding it boring), but she does it because she knows it makes me happy. She must be in a good mood today.

     "I see you also made pancakes; they look really good!", I say to Ruv.

     She attempts to smile, and serves me a few. They taste really good.

     "They taste great! What did you put in them?", I ask.

     "I turned your spice cake recipe into pancake form.", she says.

     "I'll make sure to make these next time we want pancakes for breakfast!", I say.

     Once we both finish our spice pancakes, I help Ruvina put her eyepatch ribbon on and brush her hair. Then, she helps me tuck my man-bun hair under my hat.

     I decide to break the silence.

     "Thank you, for carrying me to my room when I was asleep last night.", I say to Ruv.

     She blushes.

     "C'mere!", I say and give her a hug. She smiles.

     After that, we head to the main part of the church to serve mass.

     I love spending time with her, and I love serving mass; my 2 favorite things combined!

     Wait, what?

     "Are you ok, Sarv?", Ruvina asks me. I must have zoned out.

     "Yeah, sorry; I zoned out for a second.", I assure her.

     After mass, we head back to the living quarters to eat dinner.

     "Why did you want to come with me to serve mass today?", I ask Ruv.

     "I'm in a good mood... and it's worth seeing you happy.", she says.

     "Well, thank you!", I say and give her a hug. She smiles for the third time today. That's the most times she has smiled in a day for a while. She must be hiding something from me.

     "I feel like I need to return a kind gesture back.", I tell Ruvina. "Why don't we go out for dinner tonight? It's on me.", I say. "You can choose where we go."

     "Thank you, Sarvin.", she responds. "How about that burger place we went to a while ago?" says Ruv. "The food there is too good to be poison."

     "Sure!", I say.

     We have a great time at the restaurant, and then head back to the church. Thankfully no one spotted Ruvina's face from the wanted posters.

     Once we get back and change into our night clothes, we watch TV. Ruv lets me choose what we watch, since I paid for dinner.

     This time, Ruvina falls asleep first. I don't want to have to carry her back to her room, so I decide to turn off the TV and sleep on the couch with her.

     "Thank you for an amazing day.", I whisper to her, even though I know she can't hear me. Without thinking, I give her a kiss. Before I can comprehend what I just did, I fall asleep on her shoulder.