Chapter 9

*Ruvina' s POV*

     A couple of days have passed since the slapping contest event. Things have been kind of awkward since then. I don't know whether he kissed me out of excitement or love, or what. It kind of took me by surprise. I try not to act awkward, and act normal, but I just can't. I hope he hasn't noticed...

     It's morning, and I'm already up. Before it was time for me to leave my parents, we had to take turns watching out for police; it's not easy being a family of criminals. I would always have early morning watch, being a kid that needed sleep during the night. Out of habit, I've always woken up before Sarvin.

     "Good morning, Ruvina.", Sarv says as he walks into the kitchen.

     "Good morning.", I say back as I sip my coffee. I've never liked coffee, it just keeps me up and aware.

     Today is Saturday, so there aren't masses being held. Being so, he doesn't bother changing into his priest outfit and just stays in his pink pajamas. He looks cute without even trying.

     Around late noon, Sarv and I go to the main area of the church to go organize the storage room, since we have nothing much to do.

     I decide to look around for any weapons I can salvage while Sarvin looks for some old records of past members.

     As I look for weapons, I find an old dress (most likely from a nun or something). It's my favorite shade of grey, with a dark black fabric accent. It has a light layer of dust, which tells me it's not that old. It looks cool, but it could use some additions and changes. I decide not to tell Sarvin, because he will make me try it on, and I don't want to wear it in the state it is now.

     Once Sarv finds his records, we start to head back to the living quarters when a window breaks across the room, and then another one; teenagers. I rush out front as Sarvin follows me in a hurry. All the running from the police in the past pays off.

     One of the kids is about to throw another rock as I make it outside, and she stops when she sees me.

     "Stop vandalizing our church, or-", the ringleader cuts me off.

     "Or what? What are you going to do about it? Cry to your daddy?", the group laughs. "You may look tough, but you don't scare us."

     I've already had enough; I pick up the so-called "zavoditelesh" by the collar of her shirt and hold a knife that I always have on me to her throat.

     "LEAVE ME AND MY BOYFRIEND ALONE, AND NEVER RETURN TO THIS CHURCH. DO. YOU. UNDERSTAND?!?", I shout. Wait, did I just say "boyfriend"?

     The kid, eyes full of fear, gulps and nods. I let go of her, and she and her friends run like their lives depend on it, because they do.

     "Nice touch on adding "boyfriend"; it makes it more effective.", Sarv says, which startles me. He must've been behind me...

     "Yeah.", I add on awkwardly.

     "Stop. Being. So. Awkward!", I whisper-yell to myself.

     "What?", Sarv asks.

     "Nothing; just talking to myself.", I say.

     "Since when did you do that?", he says.

     "Since now, apparently.", I say and chuckle.

     Once we make it back to the living quarters, it's starting to get dark outside, so we go to our rooms and change into our pajamas.

     We decide to just skip dinner and watch TV. One of Sarv's favorite shows is on (and it's not the church channel).

     "I bought you your favorite Neapolitan ice cream while you were at masses yesterday.", I say.

     "Awww, thank you Ruv!", Sarvin says and gives me a big hug. I hope he can't see that I'm blushing...

     I don't care that much for ice cream, but I happen to really like Neapolitan ice cream.

     We sit on the couch and eat ice cream while watching TV, Sarv finishing the majority of the carton.

     We talk while watching TV, and eventually Sarvin falls asleep. Once again, I must carry him back to his bedroom. I lay him down on his bed, and tuck him in. Fuck; he looks so cute when he's sleeping.

     "I love you, Sarv.", I say in a quiet voice as if he is awake and I am talking to him. "I just don't know how to tell you." I kiss him on the forehead, and then exit the room and close the door.

     Then, I suddenly get an idea.