Chapter 10

*Sarvin's POV*

     It's been 2 weeks since those rascals broke the church windows. Ruvina said she'd pay for the windows to be fixed, but I know she can't use her credit card without it being traced back to her (and she has a very high bounty), which means she's probably been out stealing wallets again.

     Speaking of Ruv, I can tell something is off with her. It feels like she's hiding something from me. I hope it doesn't involve our vow... No. She would never do that. If it's not about our vow, then what is it? It must be something big. Maybe- no. I shake the complete thought out of my head and try to focus on getting out of bed. I've been sitting in my bed, alone with my thoughts, when I should have been up around 30 minutes ago.

     When I get out of bed, Ruvina is making breakfast again; spice cake pancakes (again). The one thing she can cook never gets old.

     "Hey,", she says when I enter the room. "is everything fine? You're up later than usual."

     I love how she's always concerned. I know some people hate when others are concerned or worried about them, but I love it, because it shows how much they care. On top of that, she memorized when I get up?

     "Yeah.", I respond. "I think the power went out for some time last night, because my alarm clock was off.", I lie.

     "You're lying.", Ruv says. "You blush when you lie."

     Shit; I blush even harder.

     "Nevermind,", I say awkwardly. "I'll tell you later.", I say, and by later, I mean I don't know if and when I'll tell her.

     She shrugs her shoulders, but I can tell she's still concerned. I decide to turn my attention to breakfast.

     "Thank you for cooking today.", I say. "What's the occasion?"

     "Well, I was kinda hoping we could spend the day together.", says Ruvina, blushing.

     "I'd love to," I say. "but who's going to run masses?"

     "I talked with this cross-eyed priest from Fevertown who offered to run them for the day." says Ruvina. (Quick Ruv POV: I decide not to bring up the part where I had to confiscate his chainsaw.)

     "Thank you!", I say as I give her a hug. She's blushing again. Is she always this soft around others?

     I sit down and eat some pancakes. I wonder if there is also something too sweet that mortals will die eating.

     After we eat, we go change into our normal clothes and get ready for this fun day. Since I am not serving masses, I don't need to wear my modified dollar-store priest outfit. I put on some pretty but casual clothes (my Lucifer top, my priest boots, and a pink sweater that falls off my shoulders). I comb my hair, tying it up as usual, but not hiding it as I am not wearing my hat. My little horns are sticking out, reminding me of the "monster" I am, that can't go to Heaven until the end of time. I don't know what I'd do or where I'd be if I never met Ruvina...

     Once we are both ready for this awesome day, we go to the garden to chat and just hang out. Then, I notice a butterfly has landed on Ruv's hat.

     "Ruvina, don't move-", I say.

     "Wha-", she says, but I cut her off.

     "There's a butterfly on your hat.", I say.

     I grab out my phone and try to take a photo, while Ruv tries not to move. It's funny how someone who can be so violent is capable of being so gentle. After all, she's never been arrested, which tells me that she's very careful.