Chapter 4

*Ruvina's POV*

     When I wake up, Sarvin is sleeping on my shoulder, and it's morning. We are still on the couch. Why did he stay when she could go into his own room?

     Before I can answer that question, Sarvin wakes up. He blushes once she realizes she is still on the couch with me. He probably fell asleep at some point as well. Or maybe because it was just the nice thing to do? I don't know.

     He sits up quickly. "Uh- good morning!", Sarvin says in an awkward tone.

     "Good morning.", I say back.

     We sit in awkward silence for a minute. I wonder what is going through his mind.

     "Um- I'm going to go get dressed!", he says in an awkward tone once again.

     "Yeah, me too.", I say quickly.

     We silently walk to our rooms. I must have missed something after I fell asleep...

     Once I finished getting dressed, I go to the kitchen to whip up some leftovers for our breakfasts. Once I finish that, Sarvin comes out of her room. He looks pale, which I must not have noticed earlier.

     "Are you ok, Sarvin?", I ask him. "You look pale...".

     "*sneeze* Yeah, I'm *sneeze* ok.", he says.

     I hand him a tissue, which he uses a few times to blow his nose before going to get another.

     I hope the burger place we went to didn't try to poison him. If they did, I'm going over there to give them a piece of my mind, and fist. But I am not sick as well, and they have no reason to poison Sarvin, unlike the criminal I am.

     After we finish eating (and after a lot of sneezing and nose-blowing), I help Sarvin with his man-bun and hat, and he helps me with my hair and eye ribbon.

     Sarvin looks at the time.

     "GOSH, I'M LATE FOR MASS!", he exclaims (with a hoarse throat).

     But as he rushes to the secret hatch that connects the living quarters to the church, he collapses. I rush to his side.

     "I don't think you can serve mass while you're sick like this, Sarv.", I say to him.

     "But-"

     "I'm serious.", I say.

     "Well, at least I get to spend *cough* more time with you.", he says in a weak but cheery voice.

     I help him get up and help him walk back to his bedroom. While he lays in bed, I go get him some tissues and a trash can. I also get him a water to help with his throat.

     "You know, just because you can't serve mass today doesn't mean we can't pray.", I say to him. He smiles. If praying with him will make him happy, I'll do it (despite how much I dislike praying).

     We spend the next two hours praying. After that, he takes a nap. I get up and exit the room.

     Maybe I should make him soup, or something? When I am sick, he makes me soup. Yeah; I should make some soup.

     I don't cook that often, so I need to find a recipe from Sarvin's collection. Once I find one that I think he will like, I get to work.

     Despite messing up a couple of times (and almost having to remake the whole thing again), I made soup.

     I put some in a bowl for him, and bring it to his room. Sarvin is already awake.

     "I made you some soup.", I say to him, and hand him the bowl and a spoon.

     "Aww, thank you Ruvina!", he says.

     As he eats his soup, I go get some board games and stuff that we can do to make him feel better.

     I stay by his bedside all day, but it felt like it was only an hour.

     By dinner time, I am still at Sarvin's side. He is feeling better, but not completely. So in case he needs something, I get a blanket and pillow and set up camp on the floor.

     "Ruv, you don't need to stay here all night if you don't want to.", Sarvin tells me.

     "It's my job to be here for you.", I tell him.

     He gives me a big hug, which I accept. He starts to tear up.

     "Thank you.", he chokes out through the tears. I smile.

     After that, I don't even bother to go to my room and change into my night clothes, and I lay back on the floor, next to his bed.

     I stare at the ceiling, and attempt to sort out all the thoughts in my brain.

     What are Sarvin and I to each other? I mean, we are a little more than best friends, but we aren't lovers either.

     Love. What does it mean to love someone?

     - You care for them.

     - You're always there for them.

     - They make your day.

     - You'd do practically anything so they'd be happy.

     - You enjoy being around them and spending time with them.

     - You'd drop doing almost anything to spend time with them.

     - You protect them, even at all costs.

     - You would never hurt them.

     - You share with them.

     - You always tell them the truth.

     - You listen to them, and don't ignore them.

     - You cheer them up when they need it.

     - You support them.

     - You'd die for them.

     - They are your everything.

     - You can see a future with them.

     - You love them for who they are, and not only their looks or how rich they are.

     - You can't imagine life without them being a part of it.

     Oh fuck. I'm in love with Sarvin.