Vandalize

Yangyang had his arms crossed, staring at the wall opposite of him as he waited for Taeyong to show up. 

"Your going to be in trouble" Jaemin pointed out, standing in the corner across from Yangyang. 

"Shut up" Yangyang snapped. Jaemin shrugged and stayed quiet. Renjun, Jeno and Haechan were in the principal's office, trying to convince the man to let them all off with a warning and also convince him that there was no point in calling their guardian because what they had done would never be repeated again. It wasn't working for them even the slightest bit. Finally, after a while, the three of them rejoined Yangyang and Jaemin in the front office.

"I convinced him to let the four of us off with a warning" Renjun crossed his arms, still looking upset.

"Which four?" Yangyang wondered though he had a pretty good idea what the answer was. Renjun dropped his arms to his side, his expression going from annoyed to sympathetic.

"Sorry, Yang. Since your the one who was caught actually painting the window and the rest of us were only keeping watch, he's calling dad to come get you. The rest of us can go back to class" Renjun explained. Yangyang just nodded slowly, expecting as much. He didn't know why he ever took that stupid dare but one thing was for sure; he was never going to listen to his so-called friends ever again. 

"It's okay. You guys should get out of here before dad shows up and we all get caught" Yangyang tried to put on a brave face but he knew it wasn't working as much as he wanted to his brothers. Renjun gave him another sympathetic smile and left the office, with the others quickly following. It wasn't long before Taeyong was walking into the office and Yangyang jumped to his feet. He hopped from one foot to the other and glanced nervously at Taeyong, waiting for him to say something but Taeyong only ignored him and signed the appropriate papers to get Yangyang out of school for the rest of the day. 

"Apologize to the principal" Taeyong demanded, with a firm hand on the back of Yangyang's neck.

"I'm sorry. It won't happen again" Yangyang shuddered, trying not to crumble to the floor. His legs shook like crazy and he was beginning to despise what was going to happen when they got home. Taeyong didn't say anything as he practically dragged Yangyang outside and they made their way to the car in complete silence. Yangyang wondered if the ride home was going to be as quiet as it was right now.

"Appa, I really am sorry. I don't know why I took that dare" Yangyang admitted. Taeyong hit the wheel and Yangyang closed his mouth with an audible click.

"I never thought you would be so...I don't want to call you stupid but what you did today was really stupid, Yangyang. What was going through that head of yours?" Taeyong wondered. Yangyang opened his mouth to answer but he didn't get the chance.

"Actually, don't answer that. I just want you to answer one thing for me. How many of your brothers helped you with this?" Taeyong questioned.

"What?" Yangyang paled, freezing up. How was he supposed to answer that without ratting on his brothers. 

"Come on Yangyang. I know that one or two of your brothers were helping you so tell me who it was" Taeyong explained.

"No one was helping me. I was the only one" Yangyang lied, feeling ashamed. Taeyong pulled into the driveway and parked the car. He turned in his seat to face Yangyang.

"Don't lie to me" Taeyong warned. Yangyang bit his lip. He was stuck now. If he lied, then he would be in more trouble but if he didn't, then his brothers got in trouble.

"I'm not lying" Yangyang whispered, making up his mind. He would rather be in more trouble than have the weight of a guilty conscience weighing down on him because he tattled. Taeyong frowned at him and turned back to face forward in his seat.