𝟔. 𝐭𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬

the entire flight was miserable. not because there was a bunch or turbulence, or the stewardess was rude, she was lovely actually.

but because i could barely breathe. my foot shook anxiously as i tried concentrating on the vogue magazine in my hands.

no, i can't do this.

james was sitting next to jason a few rows ahead of me. chugging away at some cheap airline alcohol. the sight tore my heart apart. i watched as the tiny bottle rolled out of his hands and into the crevice of his chair.

the mane of blonde hair curtaining his face as he slouched over against the vibration of the plane window.

jason was on the verge of passing out himself. but i needed to talk to him. i needed to know what damage i had caused in my hysteria.

unlocking my seat belt, i stood up and made my way down the aisle, quickly sliding my way into the middle seat between the two.

"did we have sex last night?"

newsted's eyes flew open as he whipped around to see me, hands desperately clutching his arm rest, eyes swelling with tears.

i don't even know why i was crying. was it because when my brother died he took my happiness with him? or was it because i hated newshit so much to the point i got drunk and wound up between the sheets with him?

"what happened to hello? how are you?" he whisper yelled. rolling his eyes when he clearly saw i wasn't going to let this go.

"no coraline! we didn't have sex! you just got shit-faced and barged into my hotel room and crashed in my bed. i took you back to your room in the morning."

it was like a breath of air to a drowning man when he said that. the relief that flew through me.

i didn't say another word as i wiped my tears and walked away with no other words spoken between us.

what a way to start this tour i guess.

-

"CHUG CHUG CHUG!" the boys yelled as kirk and jason both chugged massive bottles of saki to see who could out drink who.

i sat in a bar stool, head resting in my hand as pinched the black straw between my index and tumb. using it to swirl around the cherry floating a top the ice cubes in the clear colored liquid.

we had just landed in japan a few hours ago. barely settling into the hotel when the hottest pub in the area offered the boys full rounds on them.

i loved the city already. the welcoming people, the food that was offered to me.

i just wish cliff was alive to see it all.

i didn't want to drink anymore. i didn't want to be in this crowded pub with people yelling and alcohol flying from all parts anymore.

standing up from the stool, i made my way over to the dane on a bean bag with some chick who i'd probably see scurry out of the hotel room in the early morning hours.

"hey, princess." i huffed. slapping his head so he would get his face out of her cleavage and actually listen to me.

"what." he groaned. lidded eyes glaring at me as the girl he was on top of rolled her eyes at my presence. "i'm going back to the hotel if anyone asks." i finished, turning around and walking out before i gave him the benefit of the doubt and letting him convince me to stay.

jason had to of been on his 4th bottle by now. letting the wind blow through the building as i watched him flip kirk off, who was now face down on the disgusting floor.

he looked up at me for a split second before i disappeared into the neon lit street, brow furrowed before james came over and clapped his shoulders. encouraging him to take another shot.

and all thoughts of coraline lee burton disappeared with that knock back.

-

my hotel room was nice. i plugged my cd player in. flipping through my disc collection before i found the appropriately moody fleetwood mack album.

i plugged it in as i began to strip of my day clothes.

enjoying the feeling of the silk nightgown on my cold skin. the view of the city was nice, as was the bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries platter right next to the window.

"one would've thought this was a couples suite." i mumbled to myself. biting my lip and plopping a strawberry in between my lips.

the feeling of peace didn't last long. as an aggressive bang on the door caught my attention. it scared the absolute hell out of me.

pausing the c.d player, i slowly walked towards the door. shaky hands un latching the top before sliding the tips of my fingers against the white wood, all the way down to the second lock.

this is how people die in horror movies. i'm going to open this door and a vampire is going to come and eat my neck.

i guess this is the end for me.

twisting the last lock, i pulled the door open. waiting to see a masked murderer or a demon.

but it was far worse than either of those. jason stood tall in the doorway. eyes a bloodshot red, and body rocking back and forth.

"we've gotta stop seeing each other like this cora." he rasped. collapsing into my room, falling face first onto the hard wood floor.

"jason!" i screeched. closing my door and trying to pull his dead weight body from off the ground. "hey at least i didn't wrap around you like a bear or some shit, i have a girlfriend y'know." he slurred almost inaudiblly. my brow furrowed in confusion.

"what the hell are you going on about!" i demanded. watching his back flex as he made his way off the ground and into my unwilling arms.

"y'know, i wanna know why ya hate me so much." he mumbled. i was trapped, my arms locked in between his. i glared into his dark blue eyes.

"jason, get the hell out." i said calmly. gasping as he tripped and took us down on the bed. the same way my dreams always ended up. my back trapped against the mattress, while my front was locked on his.

my breathing increased. i could feel my heart beating through my rib cage.

"i understand what you mean now, i do like you better when i'm drunk, just like you told me when you came into my room like this." he said. lifting his weight off of me.

i was paralyzed. god, what have i done the other night to make this series of events happen.

i was about to snap at him again. scream at him to leave, to quit the band, to turn back time and let me live in a reality where my brother never died and i would never be feeling this way.

he beat me to it, "y'know burton, i don't really like her all that much, abi my girlfriend, she's too much." jason slurred again. "yeah i would know." i said quietly.

i needed him to leave.

i needed him to leave before i downed the entire bottle of champagne to be in the same state he's in, then do something we would regret for the rest of our lives.

"jason get out please." my voice cracked. lips trembling as tears i wanted so desperately to go away collected in my eyes.

he was out cold on the floor. chest slowly heaving in his dream like state.

falling back into the white mattress. i closed my eyes and prayed for a dreamless sleep. and sleep over took me.

as did jason newsted in my dreams.