CHAPTER 3

So, first things first, I'm gonna move this alot slower bc a challenge per chapter & im gonna run out of challenges way  too fast.

also im done doing drawings constantly ( im too lazy.. ) 

ok thats it

- sully

After that strange run-in with The Narrator & their brick, Rainpaw had snuck back & slept, Breezepaw's warm body a comfort through the dark night.

The grey tabby-cat woke about 4-ish hours later. It was past sun-up, about the time everycat would normally get up.

Much past the time The Narrator would wake them up.

What the fuck was going on?

Rainpaw clattered to her paws, blinking groggily in the morning light. Breezepaw was still in the nest, and she side-stepped to avoid stepping on the medicine apprentice. Of course, this extra effort was not needed as Rainpaw proceeded to poke the albino she-cat in an effort to awaken her anyway.

She needed to figure out why The Narrator hadn't started their day with that sickeningly sweet " Good morning kitties!!"

Breezepaw glared up at Rainpaw, clearly pissed that the tabby had decided to wake her. Nevertheless, she sat up too and waited for Rainpaw to explain whatever was making her ancy.

" stop shifting & tell me." Breezepaw mewed, yawning and blinking afew extra times.

Rainpaw decided to just spit it out, making intense eye-contact with the groggy Breezepaw. " The Narrator didn't wake us up today." Breezepaw considered for a second, afterall, how bad could it be?

Perhaps they were gone.

Perhaps they had decided it wasn't worth it.

Perhaps Windclan was free once more.

Or, perhaps they were all fools.

Anyway, Rainpaw had already half-exited the den and was clearly expecting Breezepaw to follow. So she did. The pair stepped out into the chatty clearing, everycat seeming relieved. A certain psychopathic shadow also didn't appear anywhere. It seems Rainpaw & Breezepaw where just in time for a meeting;

" Gather 'round, everycat" Lionstar called, their golden fur gleaming in the daylight. " It appears The Narrator has left us.... For what, we don't know. They left behind this strange square with weird drawings on it. Nocat can dechiper it. If you'd like to try, here's the note (look down) "

" Anyway, " Lionstar continued, " We must mourn for those who have fallen, but take this chance, just incase They come back

" Anyway, " Lionstar continued, " We must mourn for those who have fallen, but take this chance, just incase They come back. I want every able cat hunting, we need a bigger prey-pile than ever. That way, we won't starve..."  Lionstar's voice was filled with a thoughtfulness, they were clearly thinking. " Now, Sootpaws can take over."

Lionstar hopped off the rock, for the clan's attention to be brought to Sootpaws. She began delegating patrols, and Breezepaw nodded farewell to Rainpaw before trotting off with Oakleaf.

~

(I just realized i've been writing in the wrong POV .... uh... sorry...) 

I set off with Sunwing, Butterflyfur, and Shadowsnarl. The familiar, rushing wind of our territory is a familiar comfort, easing all of us. The wet grass squishes beneath my paws, any other day I'd complain. I won't be doing that anytime soon.

We get quite abit far in the plains before finally scenting a rabbit- scratch that, a den. Looks like our luck today is great. I sink down into a hunting crouch, everyone else following me.

I look expectantly to Butterflyfur to whisper the plan, instead, the heathery she-cat looked to me with a soft smile & nodded. I tilt my head in confusion before realizing. Oh. She wants me to plan. Ok, I can do it. I nod back at her, before whispering to Shadowsnarl,  " You can scare them out of the den." I direct my attention to Butterflyfur; " You can direct them towards Sunwing & Me." The cats nod & get into position, Sunwing following me to a nice spot in the heathers nearby.

Settling in a hunting crouch, my form obscured by heathers, I catch Shadowsnarl's eye and nod, setting the plan off. The black, furry tom darts forward, his paws reaching down into the den, causing three rabbits to scatter out in a flurry of yelps. Butterflyfur darts out from a bush, forcing the rabbits in our direction & keeping them together. Like how a cowboy would herd cows. 

The rabbits near and I count each second, they go painful slow until the small furred prey is right next to me & I lunge forward, my paws slamming it to the ground. I bring my head down and snap its neck with a quick bite. Sunwing does the same to her rabbit, the now-dead animal stopping it's squirming. 

Butterflyfur comes out with Shadowsnarl, grinning. " Good job, Rainpaw!" She praises, making me give a smile in return, although more shy. Me & Sunwing both pick up the dead rabbits; one having escaped our grasp. Oh well.

The patrol heads back to camp after catching afew more animals, everycat much more cheerful now that the pyschopathic shadow was gone. The day goes as you'd expect, with it being dusk when we return. I settle with Breezepaw to munch on a rabbit caught earlier, our conversation moving slowly until she asks the burning question everycat is avoiding.

" do ya think their going to come... back?" Her voice is quiet; she clearly doesn't want others to overhear.

" I- i don't know, " I say, my volume matching hers. " Hopefully, Starclan has saved us....."

After finishing the plump rabbit, which we did rather quickly, Breezepaw headed off to her own den - afterall, The Narrator was gone. What reason was there for her to sleep near me and seek comfort? - and I retired to my own. Cardinalpaw & Mintpaw had already fallen asleep, with the first full stomach all of us had had in two days, ever since The Narrator turned. Blazepaw, with his bright coat, is nowhere to be seen. I pay it no mind and soon find myself in a strange, shadowy forest..